Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son's teacher is gay...what would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 685 Replies

I had no idea until last night. I went in for parent teacher interviews and there was a framed photo of two men holding hands on a beach on his desk. I commented on the beach and he said "my partner and I went to Hawaii last year, it was beautiful!"

I asked my son about it when I got home and he said he often asks the kids about what they're doing that weekend, and tells them about what him and his "partner" are doing. DS is 10 and said it makes him and some other kids uncomfortable, but he knew I'd be upset and didn't bring it up.

I'm not hateful or mean, but I'm not okay with this. I don't believe gay relationships are okay, and I don't believe he should be telling my son about them in this manner. I work full time so I can't homeschool, and there's no other class to transfer him to. Does anyone have any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommaBear
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
62 moms liked this

unfortunately you sound like a troll, but Ill play for this one comment.

Get real , get a life, and stop judging what others do, there is nothing you can do, so just deal.

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
4 moms liked this

It wouldn't bother me in the least. You're just being uptight, sorry.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
98 moms liked this

Would you have a problem with a straight teacher telling the kids about the places he plans on going with his wife?

If the answer is no, then you need to get over yourself and tell your son that unless his teacher is talking about his sex life, he needs to get over it as well.

lynnem1211
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
4 moms liked this

OH, FFS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
30 moms liked this

Change your thinking!!  There is nothing wrong with his teacher being homosexual and the fact that you are making a big deal out it disgusts me.  You ARE hateful and you ARE mean, just by letting your son know it's ok to be ignorant.  It would be fine if the guy were telling the kids about what he and his "wife" were doing for the weekend but not "partner"  the only reason your son is uncomfortable is because YOU taught him that being gay is wrong!!

Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
20 moms liked this
I would have asked him about his awesome trip
Then I would have been happy my son is exposed to a healthy homosexual relationship
As long as he isn't telling my son about his sexcapades I wouldn't mind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
28 moms liked this
Not a damn thing my dd11 english teacher is gay and he's gone with the wind fabulous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
16 moms liked this

yes, you should put him in a bubble so he will never have to encounter another gay person, because they will actively try to recruit him!

OR

you could care more about the education he is providing your child and less about who he goes home to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Do? Id do nothing but mind my own business. Geez get over youself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)