Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 million people are losing their Healthcare plan (yes working people)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 148 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am at work but this morning while getting ready for work the news was saying that 2 million people will be or have lost their current insurance plans. They are getting letters stating that they can no longer qualify for their current plan...

Anyone get this letter? I am curious what is going on.

BTW this is affecting people that work and get healthcare through their employers.

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

its because all the insurance plans ( including one from employers) have to now be changed to fit the Obamacare policies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

bump

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
We are keeping ours. But the big hospital here just released a press release saying that if your spouse is able to get a health care plan through their place of work they will not be able to stay on your plan anymore.
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
6 moms liked this

It is happening all over the country.  People are being dropped by the boatload and offered new, much more expensive plans! 

Thanks, Democrats!

Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I haven't heard that, but I got a letter stating ours met the guidelines so the only thing changing was coverage. It covers a little more than it used to. The cost only went up 6/week.

I thought most companies were changing their policies to meet the guidelines not just dumping it all together. Crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I just want to say thank you for realizing that this is thedempcrats fault ,I am so sick of people saying it is the republics fault .OUr insurance through hubbys work for 2 people is 800 a month ,I am sick of democrats .

Quoting TranquilMind:

It is happening all over the country.  People are being dropped by the boatload and offered new, much more expensive plans! 

Thanks, Democrats!

Saydar
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I got a letter saying that our coverage meets the guidelines and would continue for another year BUT that we should anticipate another 20% raise like we have seen each year for the past 2 years in anticipation of Obamacare.

My insurance has gone from $160 a month to $440 a month and we'll get another huge hike next January. That might not seem like a lot to you folks but it's coming up on 1/3 of my annual take home pay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Man...they do NOT like when you point that out in here. They hate it.

I do know people who have gotten that letter. They can shop for a new plan. It will cost them more and coverage goes way down. Several will lose their docs too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Did anyone you know get furloughed during the shut down? You can thank a repub for that.

They are BOTH terrible.

Vote third party.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just want to say thank you for realizing that this is thedempcrats fault ,I am so sick of people saying it is the republics fault .OUr insurance through hubbys work for 2 people is 800 a month ,I am sick of democrats .

Quoting TranquilMind:

Thanks, Democrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)