Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're the mother but don't have custody? ETA**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 491 Replies
12 moms liked this

It always blows my mind to see "mothers" who don't raise their kids! you are the mother! why do you not have custody of your child?!!?!? why is someone else raising your kid you see a couple times a month or every other weekend?..

Children should be with their mothers. unless drug  addict or abusive.

*wow this blew up! I guess a better statement would have been.. If you are not going to be a great mother don't have them! if you cannot love,nuture,provide and be there for oyur child you are very pathetic and should not of had them!.. yes fathers are just as good if not better but if the mother is what i just listed above, the child should be with her.. careers and money issues is something you should of thought about prior. every "excuse" anyone has mentioned could of been prevented most are just lazy excuses IMO. they are VERY few legit reasons to not have your child. and I mean few. .

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
12 moms liked this
My dad raised me. I refused to live with my mother.
mama3p
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM
52 moms liked this

some fathers are just better parents...

abecee
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
91 moms liked this

Because some mothers aren't maternal.  Just because a woman can have a baby doesn't mean she can be a mother. 

KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I raise all my children.
My SIL fits your description. She gave her mother temp custody while she went to mental ward to stabilize her depression, her mother gave her kids up... That was years ago, now she can't get em back.
momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM
89 moms liked this

Unless you parent with your vagina then there really is no reason a father can't be as good, or better, than a mother at raising a child.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM
52 moms liked this
I don't understand why it is acceptable for men to not have custody, bit a woman not having custody and she is the devil herself! Everyone should be involved in their childrens lives.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting abecee:

Because some mothers aren't maternal.  Just because a woman can have a baby doesn't mean she can be a mother. 

highlandmum
by Spunky on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh calm down.  One of our friends has full custody of his children, and he is better than most mothers I know.  She is not a drug addict or abusive just wants nothing to do with them, unless she gets money.  All in all he is the better parent.

Caera
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Sometimes fathers are the better choice. They're just as important.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

yup, that is why my sixteen year old niece is living with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)