Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're the mother but don't have custody? ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It always blows my mind to see "mothers" who don't raise their kids! you are the mother! why do you not have custody of your child?!!?!? why is someone else raising your kid you see a couple times a month or every other weekend?..

Children should be with their mothers. unless drug  addict or abusive.

*wow this blew up! I guess a better statement would have been.. If you are not going to be a great mother don't have them! if you cannot love,nuture,provide and be there for oyur child you are very pathetic and should not of had them!.. yes fathers are just as good if not better but if the mother is what i just listed above, the child should be with her.. careers and money issues is something you should of thought about prior. every "excuse" anyone has mentioned could of been prevented most are just lazy excuses IMO. they are VERY few legit reasons to not have your child. and I mean few. .

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Replies (241-250):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are fathers allowed to only have weekend vistation and not be criticized, but if a mother wants that arrangement for herself she is the one in the wrong?? Fathers can be just as good as mothers, and I dont think it is always that a mother is unfit, even though that would be the stereotype.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Some moms are just complete flipping idiots.  It's not a drug thing or an abuse thing.. it's a selfish thing, or maybe they're just missing that part of their brain that knows its their job to do right by their kid(s).  

I'm blessed with two pretty awesome step kids I get to raise, as their mom is a complete failure as a parent.  Thankfully the courts thought so, too.  She sees them one night a week and every other weekend. Apparently it's the perfect arrangment for her and her boyfriend, as she's made no effort to change it in the five years I've been in their lives.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM

My husbands ex has 8 kids by 5 different men and lost custody of three. My husband and I are raising their daughter. She sees her every other weekend while raising her other five. She acts like mother of the year to those children on Facebook while her daughter is being raised away from her. She may call her three times a month. It's sickening. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Good luck with your situation. I hope your kids wind up where they will be the safest and most loved :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because the situation has resolved that involved CPS in a person's life, the investigation doesn't automatically close. Otherwise, they wouldn't come into your house because of a complaint about your child's access to your gun, and want to look in your refrigerator. All aspects of life can be opened up to scrutiny once a complaint has been made.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

yea i did. no go the fuck away you have NO clue what i went through so kiss my ass and leave me alone
Quoting beethann:

Quoting Anonymous:

No you moron. I didnt chose him over my kids. I had no choice i jumped through every god damn hoop CPS had, and still lost. So kiss my ass. They had their judgemental minds set just like you. Dont fucking make assumptions. You really look like an ass.

Quoting beethann:

Quoting Anonymous:Why? because CPS and my family were pissed because I love a man with HIV and am not with their BD anymore. My sister has them FOR NOW, me and my df are gonna get married and then go back for them. The government is prejudice against hiv people and cant stand them having kids, so they LIE to get them taken.

so you choose a man over your kids?? I would say bye bye to that guy just to have my kids! again, SELFISH

You jumped through hoops? really? did you give the guy up? didn't think so.

you left him and they didn't give the kids back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I understand how you feel to an extent. However when I divorced my husband, I made the decision to have them stay with him as I wasn't sure at the time where I would end up. I'd dealt with emotional baggage and his lack of attn over the years. Long story. We have 50/50 custody and yet I pay child support. At the time the children didnt need to be shuffled around. They needed stability and continuity I wish sometimes that I had been stronger and stood up to him early on. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. My babies are almost grown now with only dd left in high school. Happy and well adjusted. It's not easy feeling like a failure as a mother in a divorce for anyone. But overall. It was the best decision at the time. My babies deserve the best that I can offer as well as their dad. He's always been a good dad. Was a poor husband.
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Why does "mother" automatically equal better parent? I don't get it. A friend of mine has full & sole custody of his DD and has since the child was born; he is an excellent father. The child's mother isn't a drug addict, abusive, or anything else negative; she's just not the maternal type. She never wanted a child, not ever, and I give her credit for being willing to carry & deliver a child she didn't want because my friend did want the baby. In my book, that makes her a pretty decent person, even if she doesn't want to be a full-time mom.

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
great job you were willing to do that , i only hope BM in my situation will do the same in prison the next 2 years. Cause the past 2 years have been hell on the kids. ive been on every side of a custody battle. my mom had a horrible judge and gave my dad full custody of my younger sibling my sis and i were old enough to choose. women dont always lose their kids they sometimes are taken with out choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have full custody of mine. They live in a different state. I gave custody to their dad's so I could go to rehab and it was the best choice for everyone. I've been sober for 4 yrs now and still only have visits every other weekend because they wanted to remain with their father's as tgey'd already started establishing a life there. So I let them. Next month I will finally have everything situated to move to their state and gain 50/50 custody. :)

You don't know everyone's story. I did what was best for my kids. We have a great relationship.

Kalic0
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM
You need to add mental illness ( at least the uncontrolled or un-controllable type). My parents seperated when I was 12 and we all chose to live with our Dad because we could no longer deal with our Mom's erratic behavior.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM

The children should equally be with their fathers and they should be raising them too.  Mom's don't automatically get that right simply because the baby came out of them.

abctexan
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM
My neighbors used to fight HEAVILY. They lived about a 5-10 minute walk from us and you could hear their yelling from inside our house. They talked about divorce when he found out she was cheating on him repeatedly with another man. He is a very good man and she is a selfish and unmotherly person. Yet the lawyer said she'd get custody of the kids. We were ready to help him win THAT fight if it came to it but they eventually fixed their relationship
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)