Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breaking up is hard to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I need to vent.  I just broke up with my boyfriend but we're still friends.  I love him more than I've loved any partner I've ever had, including my son's father, but I can't be with him.  Is that wierd?  We were together a little over 6 months.  I'll admit I have commitment issues because of a bad marriage and other reasons, but when he asked me to move in with him I just couldn't.  I like my own apartment, I'm so afraid of being dependant on someone again.  I was struggling for months to tell him I couldn't make this commitment, I'm so in love w/ him & he treats me better than anyone has in my life but he's also treated me worse than almost anyone.  He has a TERRIBLE temper!  I feel like I have to walk on egg shells around him sometimes.  I'm not as organized as he is & that's an issue, he goes off so bad!  He tells me I'm not serious about anything when we argue, he blames me for wierd things too.  I don't remind him to take something he left somewhere, he feels I did something wrong.  I talk or hug someone he had a small arguement or fight w/, he feels I'm taking sides with them.  He never feels I value his opinion & somehow my not moving in with him shows this as well.  He'll yell at me in public, then get upset I'm not walking fast enough when I've gotten tired of him yelling at me & I'm getting depressed.  On top of it all we don't have sex much cuz he's NOT too good in bed lol, & I don't know what more to do to help him, good grief he's 37!  On the positive side he's very loyal, he always backs me in a dispute, he's careful to remind me how beautiful I am & how much he loves me everyday.  He's a real family man & is constantly buying his daughter things & sometimes even my son.  He talks about us as though we're already married & says when we broke up he felt he was served with divorce papers lol.  I just can't deal w/ his temper!  Or nitpicking.  Can't decide if I should take him back.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyairman150
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Yeah, don't. You're better off without him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Sounds like more bad then good. You did the right thing..stay away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

If he wants you to move in after 6 months, then he's the one with issues, not you! And you shouldn't have to feel like you are walking on egg shells.... at all! So you made the right decision not to be with him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

DUMP THE CONTROLLING BASTARD!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT MOVE IN WITH HIM OR GET BACK TOGETHER WITH HIM UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR LIFE RUINED!!!!!!

mojogirl
by RoseannRoseannadanna on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM

too many red flags, i think you're better off as friends

mojogirl
by RoseannRoseannadanna on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM

come on now.... tell us how you really feel ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

DUMP THE CONTROLLING BASTARD!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT MOVE IN WITH HIM OR GET BACK TOGETHER WITH HIM UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR LIFE RUINED!!!!!!

anon85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM

you should be glad it is over

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel he's a fucking asshole who doesn't deserve the time of day, and should be horsewhipped for treating his woman like that in public. 

Quoting mojogirl:

come on now.... tell us how you really feel ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

kris0921
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I getting a divorce, Thursday we are going to file, and I can tell after this I will have issues with someone in the future. I wouldn't go because of the temper.
mojogirl
by RoseannRoseannadanna on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM

sorry you're going through a divorce. good luck momma!

Quoting kris0921:

I getting a divorce, Thursday we are going to file, and I can tell after this I will have issues with someone in the future. I wouldn't go because of the temper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN