**Pic of Sheriff's dept added** 13 year old killing protest **Funeral was at 5p**
The protestors are out to protest the shooting of Andy Lopez, a 13 year old walking to his friends with a pellet gun that resembled an AK-47.
There was an advisory for the protestors and residence sent out, actually multiple.
1. stated that people brought fake guns that resembled Andy's to the protest and were pointing them at people. The SRPD gave them a warning that it will not be tolerated at the next protest/demonstration.
2. Vandalism will also not be tolerated
3. SRPD warned citizens to take alternative routes other than downtown and Mendocino Avenue as that is where protestors will be marching.
4. SRPD sent out a bulletin that they will be helping to block off roads so that protestors remain safe while marching.
5. All public offices closed early, not sure if that includes the sheriff's office. ???
Anywho, I live about a mile out from the Sheriff's office, I can hear the helicopter circling the Sheriff's office right now. I'll post pics. Mostly middle and High schoolers. Some former, graduated, students as well as teachers make up the majority of the crowd.
I must say I haven't seen this big of a demonstration since the church was fighting against gay marriage, and that was just about a hundred or so people.
This is the Sheriff's dept front doors, they are about to do their demonstrations here.