Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you change a little one?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

Before I start, I hope I do not seem accusatory and I apologize if I do, I was just utterly shocked when I heard this.

I was at a mommy meet-up and I was talking to another mom there (I met her today). She has a little one who is 8 months (I believe that is what she said).

I have been using modern cloth diapers for 9 months now and she asked about them. I mentioned how much we have saved and she said something along the lines of "diapers aren't that expensive since you only have to use like 2 a day."

My jaw dropped. She said she used the pampers 12 hour diapers so that she only needed 2 a day unless her LO pooped.

I hate to judge another mom but I was and I am shocked. I tried to nicely say that just because they say that it's for like night-time wear and she said I knew nothing of how great disposable diapers are at absorbing because we don't use them.

I don't think it has anything to do with desposaible or cloth but that a wet diaper need to be changed.

Sorry but I just had to ask, do other moms think this way or consider 2 changes per day "normal"??

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

No, not at that age or ever!

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Definitely not normal.

Holy diaper rash!
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I change my daughters diaper as soon as I notice that its wet. Some say it ridiculous to change after every pee, but I wouldn't want to sit in my own pee and I won't make her. I did the same with my son. 

Mrs.Vallo
by Sylvia on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Not normal.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

No, poor baby.

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Not unless you are going for a really nice diaper rash or yeast infection on your LO's bum. What a jerk. Poor baby.

BCauseImAwesome
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I change the diaper when it needs to be changed.  Times vary. I do have a friend that used to buy her daughter diapers a size to big because they absorbed more and didnt change them till they were super full. I thought it was weird but her daughter never had an issue. ::shrug:: to each their own I guess.

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I change my 9 month old maybe 10 times a day, which includes 2 or 3 poops. If she's only changing her baby twice a day s/he either isn't peeing enough or is sitting in a VERY full diaper.
lalaboosh
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM
WTF
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Way more than twice a day. Talk about taking labels literally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)