Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

edited....How do I tell my DD that her son has

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A micro phallus? I know "it's not my business" but I read that there are things that can help. A series of testosterone shots can cause more growth during puberty. He is 7 now and is not shy about walking around naked after his shower so I saw it. I don't think he even has enough there to hold on to when he pees!
Edit: Seriously people. Get your minds out of the gutter. He has an honest medical issue.
Another edit. It can indicate other issues. One of which could be he has female genitalia too. How hard might it be for him if he is supposed to be a she?
Another edit. I really not impressed with those of you that read the first sentence or 2 and make a post. Short attention spans?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Replies (201-207):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

If he has this wouldn't his pediatrician have said something or been concerned?  Why not just say I noticed LO looks this way and ask if his dr has said anything or if its concerned her

Verrine
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Sigh. That does sound like a more extreme problem than my concern. There is no easy way to bring this up with your daughter. I'm renowned for my bluntness and I don't even think that I could do so! I think the only "cure" is major surgery.

Either your daughter and her husband realize there is something strange or they are blind. If they realize there is something strange, then they have discussed it with the pediatrician. If they are blind, then they will remain blind if you say something, but will also resent you for saying it. She remembers you brought it up before and if she wants to discuss surgery or hormone treatments with you, she will.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Well it looks like a button. He is a skinny kid. It could indicate another issue. One could be he has female genitalia.
Quoting Verrine:
I got through half of the replies and read the wikipedia about microphallus. I understand that you are genuinely concerned. My son's penis is also small, but within normal range (which is my guess with your grandson) if the pediatrician has not said anything. 

I don't think there's really anything that can be done. Your daughter is like the moms on here. Bringing it up with her again is only going to make her think that it's not safe to leave her children with you. 

katzmeow726
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I'd just tell her.I have the WORST time keeping clothes on my sons (2 and 5) and if one had a micro phallus, I'd want a full work up done. It can indicate a host of birth defects and possible hermaphtoditism. Ignore the crazies who think everYone is a perv.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM

This is so perverse.

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM

O yeah. He's a total psycho *eye roll*

I don't mean "upset" in that like, he was mad about it or anything. My son is the first in our family to not be circ'd, and my dad has always been told that the reason circumcision was done was for medical/hygiene/health reasons. Very serious reasons. He said he had even read somewhere online that circumcision makes you live longer lol.

Basically, his "issues" are that he just had a lack of reliable information about the topic and a concern for my son's health. I imagine that OP is kind of the same- she's just concerned about the kid, but is probably pretty misinformed.  

Quoting Anonymous:

That's weird your dad would be upset that your son not being circumcised?  Your Dad seems like he has issues. 

Quoting NonaScheib38:

I would just talk to her. My dad is upset about my son not being circ'd and he had no problem talking to whoever he could about it. I had to sit him down with real medical research to make him feel better and ask my peditrician specifically about it. I didn't think any less of him, and I took his concerns seriously. 

Maybe skip the penis talk altogether and explain that you're worried he won't develop enough T during puberty? I dunno. I'm sure you're wrong, for what it's worth, but if he was my kid I would definitely do research on it to put your and my fears to rest.

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Wow. Has mom said anything about this at all? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)