Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

any other moms have a felony?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 156 Replies

I have a felony that is about 7 yrs. old (illegal use of a transaction (credit card)) and I am having a horrible time finding a decent job. I did all of my time and never once have gotten in trouble since then, so I feel I paid my dues!!

also not allowed to get my case sealed because it was a felony I was convicted of.

anyone else have this issue?

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM

No help but I have two cousins that have one SRS found one a job in the cafeteria of SRS and my other cousin is still having a hard time finding a job. 

Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
5 moms liked this

No.  I obey the law and I don't steal people's credit cards.

kjms99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

like a school cafeteria? Im almost 46 now and I think on top of everything else the fact that im getting is also making it hard!!

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

No help but I have two cousins that have one SRS found one a job in the cafeteria of SRS and my other cousin is still having a hard time finding a job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I have a brother who is a felon. He has a hard time finding work that pays a decent wage, but he manages. When you have a record like this, you have to work harder for things like this. I get you did your time and stuff, but that is how it is.
kjms99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks that should help me out!!

oh and just for the record it was mine, but it was cancelled and I put over $500 on it and didnt pay it back!!!

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

No the one SRS has in the building. They are both young like just turned 21 and the other will be next year. The one that works has it for assault then other for stealing. 

Quoting kjms99:

like a school cafeteria? Im almost 46 now and I think on top of everything else the fact that im getting is also making it hard!!

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Yes I took a plea deal was told if I did that I could get my record sealed after probation turns out they lied. I didn't even do anything wrong. I accepted a check from my bfs cousin for some weight equipment he was picking it up from me for a friend turns out check was stolen they got caught but said I knew which was a lie. I could not afford a lawyer my public defender would not do anything I was pregnant and didn't want to risk jail so I took deal. When I found out they lied to me about getting it sealed I was devastated. I am a good person before this and after this I have never even had so much as a speeding ticket. Yet I am paying for the rest of my life for being naive and trusting. I can't be a teacher which is all I ever wanted. I can't get a job I deal with depression over it. No one but my now dh knows I am so worried people will find out and think less of me and not see me for who I am
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Nope I was good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

If I was looking to hire someone I would give you the opportunity to tell me what happened.  I would want to hear your side of the story but if you actually stole and used someone's credit cards I would boot your ass right out the door.  I had someone steal my credit card information a few years ago, thankfully it was pretty close to maxed out, I think they got around $10 in gas and then tried to use it at Walmart (somehow the scum balls actually had a card made) for an $800 purchase and it was declined.  I have a hard time feeling pity for people who steal.

LectioDivina
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

You can probably get that sealed or expunged then.

Just because it's a felony doesn't mean the judge won't allow it.

Quoting kjms99:

Thanks that should help me out!!

oh and just for the record it was mine, but it was cancelled and I put over $500 on it and didnt pay it back!!!

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)