Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy what does gay mean?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 61 Replies
Ok so I was watching modern family and my daughter who is three asked me what gay means!! I don't even know how to respond to that!! I just asked her if she wanted a cookie and she let it go.. I know she's going to ask again and I need advice! Please help!!
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
12 moms liked this
Its when a man loves a man/woman loves a woman. Like mommy and daddy love each other. Thats what I said anyway.
thejodigirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

dodge the question. I don't think she's old enough to understand any answer. I would just say it's grown up stuff, nothing bad.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I told my girls when they asked. That it can mean happy or that is what is what people are called the like the same sex as them.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
4 moms liked this

When a man loves a man or a womwn loves a woman like I love daddy. It's not that hard or that dramatic. Jeez

stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Kids understand more then you would think...

Quoting thejodigirl:

dodge the question. I don't think she's old enough to understand any answer. I would just say it's grown up stuff, nothing bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Happy.
ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, this. Totally not a big deal.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Its when a man loves a man/woman loves a woman. Like mommy and daddy love each other. Thats what I said anyway.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM
This.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quoting anotherhalf:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm why dodge it? If a kid asks a question tell them! Especially since you are watching a show with your child that shows a gay couple easy ex inaction right there!! See how that little girl has 2 daddy's that's because they are gay so instead of loving a girl those daddy's love each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured