Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wisdom Teeth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Have you had yours removed. Were they able to just pull it?

Was it painful?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I've had one removed, it wasn't too bad. 3 wiggles and it was out. Pain lasted about 24 hours. The other two are impacted, I'm getting them out soon. I only had 3.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I had all four taken out when I was 19. I had to be put to sleep and they had to cut them out. I did not have enough room for them to come in. If I did they would have left them. But mine were pushing my other teeth out and coming inside ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Not yet. I'm fighting off an infection currently, but once I'm cleared I'm having all 4 removed. Two will have to be surgically removed due to being partially impacted still. Honestly, I'm dreading it but it can't be worse than the pain I felt from the infection. I now know that child labor is a cake walk compared to tooth pain so I'm actually looking forward to having them pulled. I wouldn't care if they went medieval on my teeth and yanked with pliers and booze, I just want them gone!
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I had all four cut out at the same time. I was 16.  They gave me some numbing stuff and I was awake the entire time. I could feel the pressure and different sensations like that but no acual pain.  It was sore the rest of the day and for  few days afterward.  I had it done on a Thursday and was eating regular food(very carefully) by Sunday.  I had no bruising or swelling.  I have heard that some people swell and bruise pretty bad but I didn't.

I Bleed Black and Gold

Freela
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I had mine removed in my teens.  They were impacted, so they were still down in my jawbone but trying to grow in.  They had to be surgically removed, they couldn't just pull them.  I was knocked out for the actual procedure.  Afterwards I was a little sore and swollen, but it wasn't that bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I've had 2 removed and still have 2. They were able to just pull them. It was a little painful but not as bad as the 2nd bicuspids I had removed before I got braces.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

What is impacted?

All 4 of mine are all the way in, but 1 is a cavity and the root is exposed. I am hoping to just have that one pulled as the anesthetic doesn't numb my gums.

Quoting kristen0812:

I've had one removed, it wasn't too bad. 3 wiggles and it was out. Pain lasted about 24 hours. The other two are impacted, I'm getting them out soon. I only had 3.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I have a cavity in one and the root is exposed. I am wondering if they will need to put me on antibiotics first. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Not yet. I'm fighting off an infection currently, but once I'm cleared I'm having all 4 removed. Two will have to be surgically removed due to being partially impacted still. Honestly, I'm dreading it but it can't be worse than the pain I felt from the infection. I now know that child labor is a cake walk compared to tooth pain so I'm actually looking forward to having them pulled. I wouldn't care if they went medieval on my teeth and yanked with pliers and booze, I just want them gone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
had mine removed in April. the bottom ones were impacted. I can't feel half of my tongue still bc of how my nerves were disrupted from the removal.
.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
All are gone. One was impacted and the dentist said if I waited while he did someone else real quick he would just pull all of them at once. It wasn't painful, I mean you are numbed up lol. Didn't hurt too much when my mouth got feeling back. Best part was they all were pulled for $35 :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)