Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i told SO this is cruel punishment..he doesnt agree. what do u think??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 266 Replies
his DD is 6 and in 1st grade. we have her full time. bio mom took off when she was 2 months old. anyway kid has had serious behavior issues since school started this year. we have tried everything we know to do, testing for add and other "disorders"...sticker charts, rewards, privliges taken, spanking...etc even the teacher and school has run out of ideas to curb her behavior. at home its fine..at school horrible. anyway due to absolutely the worst behavior yet we decided she will not be trick or treating and made her return her costume to the store.....SO wants to take it a step past that...we were originally supposed to go trick or treating with some friends of ours who also have kids....So still wants to go...and bring his daughter along and not let her dress up and participate and make her watch all the kids. i think this is just really mean and a little overboard.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Hey. You do the crime, you do the time.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
27 moms liked this
I think either is bad. Punishment should be immediate and pertain to the offense
ambermario4ever
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

well it depends on what she did. but in most cases that would be going over board. 

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That way she'll realize what exactly she's missing. I think its a good idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM
13 moms liked this

I think her missing out is punishment enough. Having to go and watch the others partake seems over the top.

Brenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM
5 moms liked this

That's overboard. Something else is going on with that child. 

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM
12 moms liked this

denial of any holiday as punishment/discipline is cruel imo.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

sorry, I have to agree with your SO, because I would do the same. 

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Sounds like daddy might be the problem.

1frog
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
8 moms liked this

It's a little overboard IMHO. The punishment does not fit the crime. There's a reason she's acting out in school and not at home, maybe she doesn't like the teacher, maybe she feels picked on. If the teacher is out of ideas, transfer her to another one. It's kind of early in the year for a teacher to give up. Let your daughter see it as a positive step and a clean start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)