Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i told SO this is cruel punishment..he doesnt agree. what do u think??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
his DD is 6 and in 1st grade. we have her full time. bio mom took off when she was 2 months old. anyway kid has had serious behavior issues since school started this year. we have tried everything we know to do, testing for add and other "disorders"...sticker charts, rewards, privliges taken, spanking...etc even the teacher and school has run out of ideas to curb her behavior. at home its fine..at school horrible. anyway due to absolutely the worst behavior yet we decided she will not be trick or treating and made her return her costume to the store.....SO wants to take it a step past that...we were originally supposed to go trick or treating with some friends of ours who also have kids....So still wants to go...and bring his daughter along and not let her dress up and participate and make her watch all the kids. i think this is just really mean and a little overboard.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
BobKitten13
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
If she cant be good why not? I understand that is just rubbing her nose in it in a sense but still she needs to see she will miss out on fun things no matter what and where they are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
well, she was warned for two weeks before hand if her behavior wasnt good she wouldnt be going. she was warned each day as she left the house for the bus.

Quoting svolkov:

I think either is bad. Punishment should be immediate and pertain to the offense
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

if shes only bad in school,is she being bullied?learning disability?

tippieye
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM

If you already told her she wasn't participating in the trick or treating that didn't mean you wouldn't be going.  It only meant that you weren't going to let her participate.  Don't let the others or yourselv es suffer because of her actions.  Now that being said, if you told her she wasn't going, then she shouldn't go at all.

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM

DD went through some behavioral issues (still has her moments) prior to her ADHD diagnosis.  I tried my best not to punish my youngest for her behavior.  She once had to sit at McD's while DS played.  Is she an only child?  How often do you get to see the friends?  

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Still not good punishment but now u have ti follow thru. but yes his is cruel

Quoting Anonymous:

well, she was warned for two weeks before hand if her behavior wasnt good she wouldnt be going. she was warned each day as she left the house for the bus.

Quoting svolkov:

I think either is bad. Punishment should be immediate and pertain to the offense

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah thats overboard, you want to make her behaviour better not worse and doing that is going to cause her to rebel.  You've already punished her by taking trick or treating away, she already knows what she is going to miss. Keep testing and get her into therapy, something is wrong, stop punishing and start helping!

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:51 PM
What did she do? How is she acting up in school? Is she stabbing people with sharpened pencils?

Making her watch is pretty cruel.
Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I couldn't do it. Don't get me wrong, my kids could drive a sane person crazy, but they've never done anything to warrant missing a holiday...I don't think I could take it past making them stay home.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I think it's wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)