Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i told SO this is cruel punishment..he doesnt agree. what do u think??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
his DD is 6 and in 1st grade. we have her full time. bio mom took off when she was 2 months old. anyway kid has had serious behavior issues since school started this year. we have tried everything we know to do, testing for add and other "disorders"...sticker charts, rewards, privliges taken, spanking...etc even the teacher and school has run out of ideas to curb her behavior. at home its fine..at school horrible. anyway due to absolutely the worst behavior yet we decided she will not be trick or treating and made her return her costume to the store.....SO wants to take it a step past that...we were originally supposed to go trick or treating with some friends of ours who also have kids....So still wants to go...and bring his daughter along and not let her dress up and participate and make her watch all the kids. i think this is just really mean and a little overboard.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
abifasc
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I think that would ruin it for the other kids who are not in trouble.
Jennifer63080
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. It's about family time and celebrating together, do you do enough fun things with her together? I'm guessing not, since this is the only thing you could think of to ground her from...

Is she being bullied at school? On the bus? Something must be going on

Quoting ripemango:

denial of any holiday as punishment/discipline is cruel imo.

woodit2u
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I think that's a little silly.

Two years ago we took Halloween away from SD, who at the time was 8. Picked her up early from school 30 minutes early so she didn't get to participate at her classroom party. She was given warnings on three different occasions that this would be her punishment, so it wasn't out of the blue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Sounds like she may be getting bullied at school if yyou ask me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
well last week alone she threw AND kicked balls at the PE teacher, stole a kids lunch box and hid it, poked another child in the eye, covered the hole of the water fountain so another student couldnt drink, and finally on fri they were going to the library, she cut out of line, doubled back to her classroom and the teacher found her emptying a bucket of candy into her bookbag. at home we have NO issues like this.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

well it depends on what she did. but in most cases that would be going over board. 

Conner_Ian
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I don't agree she already had her punishment. I think it's very mean

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Right? Way to bring down a party!

Quoting abifasc:

I think that would ruin it for the other kids who are not in trouble.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Did she know if she misbehaved she would lose Halloween? What if Halloween wasn't coming up? What will taking away Halloween teach her? What will she get out of that? That if she misbehaves she will lose out on holidays?
IMO it is wrong to take away an event or holiday, its beyond cruel. There are many other things you can do.
She is going through a big change and maybe something else is going on. All of those punishments in two-three months is anything but consistency.
She clearly needs some intervention but taking away an event/holiday is beyond mean. What he wants to do is even worse!

Quoting Anonymous:

his DD is 6 and in 1st grade. we have her full time. bio mom took off when she was 2 months old. anyway kid has had serious behavior issues since school started this year. we have tried everything we know to do, testing for add and other "disorders"...sticker charts, rewards, privliges taken, spanking...etc even the teacher and school has run out of ideas to curb her behavior. at home its fine..at school horrible. anyway due to absolutely the worst behavior yet we decided she will not be trick or treating and made her return her costume to the store.....SO wants to take it a step past that...we were originally supposed to go trick or treating with some friends of ours who also have kids....So still wants to go...and bring his daughter along and not let her dress up and participate and make her watch all the kids. i think this is just really mean and a little overboard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Do you have other kids? If so I think you should still let the other kids go. If not then I agree with you that's overboard especially at 6
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I agree with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured