Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i told SO this is cruel punishment..he doesnt agree. what do u think??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
his DD is 6 and in 1st grade. we have her full time. bio mom took off when she was 2 months old. anyway kid has had serious behavior issues since school started this year. we have tried everything we know to do, testing for add and other "disorders"...sticker charts, rewards, privliges taken, spanking...etc even the teacher and school has run out of ideas to curb her behavior. at home its fine..at school horrible. anyway due to absolutely the worst behavior yet we decided she will not be trick or treating and made her return her costume to the store.....SO wants to take it a step past that...we were originally supposed to go trick or treating with some friends of ours who also have kids....So still wants to go...and bring his daughter along and not let her dress up and participate and make her watch all the kids. i think this is just really mean and a little overboard.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I'd do it. She'd also lose Christmas too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Its overboard. Im confused if you have been in her life for 6 years why you say 'his kid' and seem so detatched.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Instead keep her home and make her pass out candy
javakitty2011
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this

i think you are worrying about the wrong thing here. Something is going on to cause her to act out in school. Bullying? abuse? You need to do some serious investigating

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
No doing fun things would be rewarding bad behavior. The kid sounds like a brat.

Quoting Jennifer63080:

I agree. It's about family time and celebrating together, do you do enough fun things with her together? I'm guessing not, since this is the only thing you could think of to ground her from...

Is she being bullied at school? On the bus? Something must be going on

Quoting ripemango:

denial of any holiday as punishment/discipline is cruel imo.

ambermario4ever
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

wow. that is a lot. is she having trouble with grades?

Quoting Anonymous:

well last week alone she threw AND kicked balls at the PE teacher, stole a kids lunch box and hid it, poked another child in the eye, covered the hole of the water fountain so another student couldnt drink, and finally on fri they were going to the library, she cut out of line, doubled back to her classroom and the teacher found her emptying a bucket of candy into her bookbag. at home we have NO issues like this.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

well it depends on what she did. but in most cases that would be going over board. 

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

amandacr1026
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

drastic times call for drastic measures...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
she is not being bullied, her teacher is super nice and lets ALOT of her behavior slide. she has been to a counselor and an actual therapist. both basically said nothing is wrong with her, she just does not want to listen.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

if shes only bad in school,is she being bullied?learning disability?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Overboard for age 6

Therapy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Feel your pain. My DS, 6, is (what I consider) an asshole at school, too. Zero issues at home. ADHD testing just came back negative, exploring other options at this time. It is beyond frustrating. 

Quoting Anonymous:

well last week alone she threw AND kicked balls at the PE teacher, stole a kids lunch box and hid it, poked another child in the eye, covered the hole of the water fountain so another student couldnt drink, and finally on fri they were going to the library, she cut out of line, doubled back to her classroom and the teacher found her emptying a bucket of candy into her bookbag. at home we have NO issues like this.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

well it depends on what she did. but in most cases that would be going over board. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN