Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i told SO this is cruel punishment..he doesnt agree. what do u think??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
his DD is 6 and in 1st grade. we have her full time. bio mom took off when she was 2 months old. anyway kid has had serious behavior issues since school started this year. we have tried everything we know to do, testing for add and other "disorders"...sticker charts, rewards, privliges taken, spanking...etc even the teacher and school has run out of ideas to curb her behavior. at home its fine..at school horrible. anyway due to absolutely the worst behavior yet we decided she will not be trick or treating and made her return her costume to the store.....SO wants to take it a step past that...we were originally supposed to go trick or treating with some friends of ours who also have kids....So still wants to go...and bring his daughter along and not let her dress up and participate and make her watch all the kids. i think this is just really mean and a little overboard.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I think her missing out is punishment enough. Having to go and watch the others partake seems over the top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
i have not. i just said she is 6 and bio mom hasnt been around since she was 2 months old. i have been in her life just under a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its overboard. Im confused if you have been in her life for 6 years why you say 'his kid' and seem so detatched.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Yeah. That is the kids equivalent to water boarding. Lol Just make her stay home. Not knowing what you are missing is worse than knowing what you are missing. Lol
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I think she should be forced to pass out candy. But going without participating is going to give him an opportunity to recant.
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I think missing out would be enough.

Our DD who is 7 and in first grade was caught lying and her punishment was that she had to miss her schools fall carnival. She stayed at home with SO while I took her sisters.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Its not too harsh.

homeschoolmom9
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That's horrible. You never take away holidays nor special outings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM
It may set her straight. Right now she thinks no big deal I get to sit home and watch tv. I say make her go.
Khaleesi
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

That seems like he'd be doing it just to be mean. She's already being punished by not being allowed to to dress up & trick or treat. Making her go watch the other kids have fun will probably make her resent your SO and act out even more.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM
she is an only child and i feel quite spoiled. he feels bad her mom hasnt ever been around. she sees the daughters of our friends daily. they ride the same school bus.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

DD went through some behavioral issues (still has her moments) prior to her ADHD diagnosis.  I tried my best not to punish my youngest for her behavior.  She once had to sit at McD's while DS played.  Is she an only child?  How often do you get to see the friends?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)