Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have no tolerance for it!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 80 Replies
Dh has a bad tooth, he's needed it pulled for SEVEN years! I made an appointment today to have it removed on Tuesday. K. Good deal, he should be happy, right?
Yea, he was.
Well, lately he's been whining about his back hurting. He thinks it's his sciatica, he says it's at the bottom of his back and it hurts to walk... he looked up stretches to help it, he did it once, it helped and he hasn't done it since...

Last night I got into bed and he says "ugh, my tooth is killing me!" I said "yea, I have a toothache, too" (my wisdom teeth come in and go back down, I'm currently teething)... he got mad! He started saying "you don't know what pain Is! It hurts more than you'll ever know! Why can't you be sympathetic? I'm in pain!"
I said "well God forbid anyone but you have a toothache", I then rolled over and went to sleep.

So today he gets home from work and he says how bad his back hurts, he thinks he needs to go to the er (he goes over EVERYTHING!) And I lost it. I told him to grow up, man up, take some Tylenol and stop whining.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewInChrist
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
*continued since my phone is stupid*
I have Ehlers Danlose, Chiari malformation and POTS, I've also given birth twice with no pain meds and I've had 5 ear surgeries. I have arthritis and back spasms every time I sit down. I have chronic migraines yet I don't complain as much as he does! I'm so tired of hearing his "poor poor pitiful me" crap every day!
NewInChrist
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Bump
NewInChrist
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Bump
thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

you tell him girl!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Supportive...not just a word for bras.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, a toothache can be a real demon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewInChrist
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Lol I have been supportive but it's getting extremely annoying to hear him whine every single day..

Quoting Anonymous:

Supportive...not just a word for bras.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

For the most part, I agree with how you handled that, LOL.

But rattling on all your own ills just makes you seem petty and attempting to justify yourself.  Going off at him to grow a scrote was plenty, OP, LOL.

NewInChrist
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Oh shut up already.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Yeah, a toothache can be a real demon.

JamieBue38
by Jamie on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

LOL! I'm sure he's in a lot of pain though. Maybe he should see a doctor, or encourage him to do more stretches

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)