Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i've had enough of my neighbor's dog

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

can the cops do anything about it?  my apt is on a second floor and to the right of my balcony is a yard where this dog always barks when I come in and out of my apt.  Isn't there an ordinance or control? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
onaflowers
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM
If it barks after dark they will probably come talk to your neighbor, but nothing will probably come of it.
BaconQueen
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Newsflash....Dogs BARK...and NO there is nothing you can do about it unless this dog is barking all night long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM
you can call the city and complain. After so many complaints they notify them that their dog is a nuisance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM

no it doesn't bark all night long but its really irritating coming and going

Anonymous

after my neighbors bitches about my dogs roaming ( which they didn't) I keep mine leashed... Now, if only they would keep their damn dogs in their yards, because they keep shitting in mine!  I'm about to shoot the next one I see...

Anonymous
Key word here is you live in an apartment. Not out on a 100 acre ranch. Get used to it!
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

If the dog is barking at all hours of the night then call the cops and file a noise complaint. If not and he only barks when you walk by then you really can't do anything.

BaconQueen
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Grow up and get over it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM

That's a part of living in an apartment. I find the kids playing football in the parking lot irritating and the people below who argue all the time irritating. But we live in an apartment some have to deal with it. I'm sure some people in your building find you irritating and annoying as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Yup. They can get a fine. My ex husband left our lab outside tied up while he went to the neighbors across town (I wasn't home) and got called by the cops to come shut his dog up because he was barking nonstop and the neighbors called it in. He only got a warning, but if it happened again he would get a fine and if it became a serious problem the dog could get impounded. We were told, anyway.                             

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)