Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Olympics are soon?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

I have the news on and they just did a story about issues around the "upcoming Olympic Games".  Seriously? The Olympics are soon?  Since the dropped he every four years format I never have a clue what's going on/when they are happening.

Edited -

yes...I know they do the games every four years...and that the different games are on different schedules.  What I meant in the OP was that since they dropped doing it all in one calendar year, very four years....I have had a hard time keeping track as to when each games are happening.  And I have lost most of my interest as they seem to always be happening.

i didn't realize it was time for another set already.

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it just the Winter Olympics?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I don't watch them

but I thought the Summer Olympics were every four years and the Winter were every two years.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I think they only do one at a time now, yes.  They didn't say on the news which one....I assume winter because of the time of year we are entering.  They were just saying "Olpymic Games" and talking about Russia.

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't it just the Winter Olympics?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM

ya know they have two different types of olympics right???

BeautifulFey
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Winter Olympics is coming up. Still a bit of a wait for the normal one. Russia should rock it this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Yes, the Winter Olympics begin soon. Don't ask me when. I lost all interest when they moved to the 2 year schedule.
StacyO722
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Next year in Russia...the winter games. I think they said it's 100 days away.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM

They're in 3 months I believe. They're still every 4 years, the Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics don't happen in the same years. The last Winter Olympics were in 2010, the last Summer Olympics were in 2012, the next Winter Olympics are in 2014, the next Summer Olympics are in 2016.

TheSilence
by Remember Me on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
They have the Olympics every two years. First is summer then two years later it is winter and so on and so forth.
chefmartha
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM

It's still every four years but the difference comes with which it is. Two yers go we had the Summer Olympics in London. This coming February will be the Winter Olympics in Sochi Russia (sp?). It used to be that the same year as the summer games you would have the winter games later in the same year. It was changed to make it easier on the athletes that do both games. I can't wait for it to come on. I love the winter games more than the summer games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)