Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Myth or does it really work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 192 Replies
Honey being used for acne. Some say myth and some say it works. Before I even put anything sticky on my face, have you guys tried this? I should also note that I refuse to fork out anymore money for acne treatments that don't work or make me break out worse

YAY! Made front page :) Ladies I am going try almost anything you guys suggest to use for my face. I am DESPERATE. I am a little OCD and having acne makes me have a mini heart attack! Lol So used to having such a clear face
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Bump
csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM
15 moms liked this

I do not know.  I do know that pure honey has antiseptic properties.  If you do decide to try this, I would suggest you buy pure honey from a beekeeper, a Farmer's Market, or organic honey.  I think most of the stuff sold in stores is processed and may not provide the antiseptic benefits.

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM
It made me break out SO bad with a rash.
Dolcepsle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Never used honey. Wash your face twice a day. Dry with PAPER towels to avoid residual bacteria. Put a clean towel or pillow case over your pillow each night.

I always wash with noxema, use Dr Weils moisturizer and take biotin. Honestly, my skin has no issues.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm not too sure. When I was in jr. high school, I heard toothpaste worked, so I put toothpaste all over my face. What a dang myth that was.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM
It doesn't sound like it would
Apollos82
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Organic raw honey might, but honestly, you're better off eating it in place of sugars and cutting back on toxic foods....look in to doing a cleanse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

i love anything with salylic acid for acne. and pretty cheap too, target brand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I use honey. I don't know about it being a specific cure for acne, but it is amazing for the skin, and it does reduce redness and prevent break outs so maybe it would work for acne. Make sure it is raw honey though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)