Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting caught smoking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

If you started smoking young, what kind of punishment did you get if you were caught by your parents?  I used to get grounded and it didn't stop me.  Not sure any punishment works.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Nothing stopped me. They tried everything.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Nothing worked. I still smoked. :-(
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:11 AM
smoking....what..? lol... no really we talking cigs or cigaweed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Honestly my parents kind of fucked up on this one. They caught my brother smoking when he was 16 and actually bought his cigarettes for him. 3 yrs later when I was 16 and got caught smoking they punished me by searching my bookbag every time I got home from school. I just got better at hiding it. I really hated the double standard.

ETA- we both still smoke also.
pandorasbox669
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I had 2 eat a  whole cig, made me sick & I threw up, but it didn't stop me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I was never caught. I hid it well. I told my mom when I was 18 and she couldnt do anything about it. I don't think she would have anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Grounded from my best friend, going places etc. One time my mom said I could not be friends with her at all anymore. I was permanently banished (It didn't last though, but she kept us away for a while). My best friend wasn't even the reason I was smoking, she just picked the thing that she knew I would least like. I was already addicted so nothing worked. What's so funny (in a not funny way) looking back is the fact that she smoked in the house and when she was pregnant. I was a smoker all along! and guess who I got the cigarettes from? Yep. My mom. When I got older I looked at her and told her to stop being a hypocrite when she caught me again for the hundredth time. Lol. I quit smoking at 21 and will never start back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:25 AM
I guess it depends on what young is... 16, while I'd be upset, I don't think I could really do something. 12- monitor everything bc he'd be getting it from somewhere and it's not from me!

I remember when I was 16, I hung out with this one group.the oldest was 22, the youngest was 11, almost 12.... at the time, I thought nothing of it.... as a mom now, I'd say hell no if a 22 year old man was knocking on the door to get my 11 year old
Mammacra
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:25 AM
I was yelled at but both my parents were smokers so not much they could do eventually I outgrew that habit before I turned 18! Once I was legally able to buy cigarettes I had already willingly quit!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

That reminds me, my aunt made my cousin and I sit down and smoke a giant cigar all at once hoping it would make us sick and deter us. My cousin was over there hacking and crying, and yeah, before the day was even over we were back at it again. 

Quoting pandorasbox669:

I had 2 eat a  whole cig, made me sick & I threw up, but it didn't stop me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)