Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does your family eat crap?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 295 Replies

My family eats a lot of crap, IMO. Bread, pasta, chips. But, I will not be the food police and make anyone eat food they don't like. So, I buy and prepare pasta with their steak. I make toast with peanut butter for my son.

what is your reason behind the morning pop tart?

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZombieMeat
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Bread and pasta is only crap if you buy crap.
We eat both in moderation, but they are made from scratch with whole ingredients.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids don't really eat crap. I grew up with a mom who was a dietician so we eat very healthy but with that said - weekends are usually filled with poptarts & Mac & cheese because of football games, gymnastics competitions & other things.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Same as yours. I will try to encourage healthy food when applicable, but I am extremely limited in my ability and willingness to prepare said food, and since I'm the first person who would starve before I ate something I didn't like, I won't force anyone else to do it either.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:38 AM
22 moms liked this
Part of being a parent is being the food police...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NBean311
by Chivette on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

We eat our version of healthy, with occasional treats. 

What I consider healthy, someone else probably considers poison. 

We do mostly whole grain or veggie pasta, brown rice, veggies with every meal, lots of lean protein, 98% home cooked meals. However, I toss chocolate chips in my zucchini bread, bake cookies with my monsters, and make ice cream from time to time. So far, it hasn't killed any of us. We are all healthy and happy, and that is what matters to me. 

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM
12 moms liked this
I buy what we like.

And we keep cookie dough in the house specifically for periods.

And munchies.
Sinistercookie
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids are both Autistic and have severe sensory and texture issues. It is a struggle every day getting them to eat good things. My oldest is finally starting to branch out and trying new things. My little one does like steamed veggies though,so I make that daily lol.Lots of fruit and veggie smoothies in this house too.:)

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I tried that approach and it was a disaster. First, my husband eats a lot of starch. I cannot serve him spaghetti and the boys just sauce or zucchini instead. Put bread out for him, but not let the kids have any.

plus, the more I restricted things, the more they wanted it.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Part of being a parent is being the food police...

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM
3 moms liked this

We don't really eat crap. Pretty much everything they eat is homemade and healthy. I don't cook like that to be uppity in any way, it's just easier on our pockets and better for our bodies.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM
We buy low carb sugar free pasta and bread

I usually shop the perimeter of the store

Otherwise im just being lazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)