Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If My Kids Were Allowed To Name A Baby- **Update**

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 48 Replies

Some of you may know that DH and I are TTC.
We are a blended family, his DD7, my DS4 and my DD3.
Last night, I asked DS is we had a baby boy, what he would name him. He said "Ortega." Which is his and my DD's last name, lol.
If he had a baby sister, he would name her Momma. He said it wouldn't be confusing to call both her and me Momma. So freaking cute!
DD this morning, I put the question to her. If she had a little sister, she would name her "Little", a brother she would name "Two."
I'll ask DSD when she gets home.
I'll bet she'll give REAL names as suggestions! LOL

How silly are your kids? What are some silly things they have said or done?

**Update**
I asked DSD what she would name the baby.
Boy- Flynn Ryder
Girl- Rapunzel
I think it's obvious what movie she is obsessed with...
LOL

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:08 AM

BUMP!

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM

when i was pregnant with my third, my son wanted to name the baby ultratron. we thought it was cute.

when we found out it was a girl i told him we couldn't use that now so what should we name the baby. he thought for a bit and tells me "karly ultratron". LOL. we couldn't find a name better than karly after that. so he really did name his baby sister. we did NOT use ultratron but my family thought it was so funny they tried to make it stick as a nickname. it has not worked yet and my son actually gets upset and tells them her name is karly.

mab05
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
When I was pregnant with my youngest my oldest was 3.5yrs old. I Alex him what he wanted to name the baby and he said "Geeky".
She was Geeky until she was born.
stephensmommy06
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Well considering my son DID pick his baby sisters name guess I can't say to much lol...but he did suggested Black Widow or Mystique as his top choices....obviously those got vetoed
MamAshley4
by ~ASHLEY~ on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds wanted to name his sister TRex baby...lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to name my little brother "Monster". I would talk to "Monster" when be was in my mom's belly. I tell my brother the name fits him now lol. My youngest brother was "Baby Buttons". I was 2 when "Monster" was born and 3 with "Baby Buttons".
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

DD is 3 right now and if you asked her what she would name a baby brother or sister, it would be something along the lines of Tutu or Coley Butt or something.  She doesn't give conventional names :/

Lo428
by Lauren on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My six yr old said if I ever have another baby (which is not likely) we should name it Sonic as in the hedgehog. lol

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell him he should have suggested Natasha (Black Widow's name) or Raven (Mystique's name). :)

Quoting stephensmommy06:

Well considering my son DID pick his baby sisters name guess I can't say to much lol...but he did suggested Black Widow or Mystique as his top choices....obviously those got vetoed

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

My 4 year old DS has names for all her imaginary friends, so when I asked her randomly to name a baby, she named it "Kwoss" after her imaginary friend. Though if you ask her, Kwoss is spelled LXI.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)