Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Pregnancy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: do you agree?

Options:

YES with all of it!

Yes with part of it !

NO none of it !

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 147

View Results

Teen pregnancy is a BIG problem in this country. I know that in this group many like to pretend that teen moms are great and they don't have a problem raising their kids. But that's not reality. Sure some teen moms will pull it off but many more won't and will end up abusing or neglecting their kids while raising them in poverty and then their kids will grow up and become teen parents and the cycle will continue.

I say teens need access to condoms in every public school and they need science based sex education. I also don't believe parents should be able to opt their kids out of this education .

anyone with me?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

i think  teens are irresponsible and are going to do whatever they want even if they have access to birth control pills ,condoms, and they get the sex education.....they all think that nothing bad will ever happen to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree but I would add that if a teen does become pregnant and they decide against abortion or adoption then they should be required to take parenting classes as well as a class on money management. There also should be more support available to them since these babies shouldn't be paying for the mistakes of their parents.

Teen parenting is a plague on society ! Especially in the south time to put away the bibles and get the condoms out and get rid of abstinence only and purity pledges already!

nessa20mommy2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
About a majority of teen moms turning to abuse or neglect.

That's not true. Living in poverty is correct.

But with the education and help teen moms receive on how to raise our children. That is not a true statement. And just be more open minded to the fact that most teen moms kick ass at raising their children.

Abuse and neglect have nothing to do with age more so the person.

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly don't see anything I have said as being in the least bit close minded so I would be very interested in knowing what you think I should be more open minded about.

Quoting nessa20mommy2:

I am a teen mom. And I'm proud to say that I am one that is thriving! Live on my own, own two cars, don't have state assistance.

I get what your saying and your point.

So I'm not going to bash you.

I agree condoms and BIRTH CONTROL need to be more easily attained by teens.

But a lot of the time it's not that teens don't know how to get condoms or birth control its that they don't want to.

So again I agree with more education.

Just be a little more open minded.

nessa20mommy2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Why shouldn't "adults" have to do the same?

There are just as many bad "older moms" as their are teen moms.

And an FYI many teen moms who are in school do take parenting classes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree but I would add that if a teen does become pregnant and they decide against abortion or adoption then they should be required to take parenting classes as well as a class on money management. There also should be more support available to them since these babies shouldn't be paying for the mistakes of their parents.

Teen parenting is a plague on society ! Especially in the south time to put away the bibles and get the condoms out and get rid of abstinence only and purity pledges already!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I think sex education and accessibility to condoms/birth control is very important for people of all ages, not just teens. I believe it's the parents job to educate their children, not school. If people want to break the cycle, they should start properly educating parents.

With that being said, teen pregnancy is at the national lowest it's been in years and years and I truly hope the numbers continue to decline.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I think parents need to stop expecting someone else to do that dirty work. Sex education should start at home and early. Children need to understand and be comfortable with the idea so they know the truth and aren't so curious they seek information from friends.

I don't think public school should teach my children sex education, I don't think teens should be encouraged that sex is perfectly acceptable by all adults around them. There must be a way to teach safe sex without making it seem like "we" are fine with the choice,

I think parents should be VERY involved with their kids, be apart of school, friends, keep them active in sports or hobbies. Show up for everything, let them know you love/trust them but you are also watching and will protect them from people and situations you find disagreeable.

smscott23
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think moms should worry about their OWN children; if 16yo 'Jenny' down the street gets pregnant, it doesn't impact you personally. *shrugs*
Lilfootmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I agree with what you said about the birth control and sex ed
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

As much as it makes my want to throw up to think of my daughter or my sons have having sex I am not stupid enough to think they aren't going to. I want them to have all the options available to make the proper choices

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM
So how about you tell how to prevent teen pregnancy? Since your a teen mom maybe you have advice to stop it

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

I don't think it's the schools issue to be providing them with condoms or anything else like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured