Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Using a blow dryer since we have no heat :'[ Day 3

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

I divorced my XH because he cheated on me. Once the divorce was finalized six months ago, we went over custody. He only wanted to see our three boys(8,7 and 6) one weekend a month. He was ordered to pay 6,000 in CS but he hasn't given us anything. He hasn't even seen the children. I signed a prenuptial agreement that said I get a certain amount of money for every year I was a SAHM. I didn't want to be a SAHM. It isn't for me. I enjoy working and I loooove my job. So my mom watched the kids while I worked(6am to 3pm. I'm a high school teacher). So when we divorced, I got nothing besides what was in my name. I was okay with that because I was still working. 

During the divorce, my mother passed and I got full custody of my 14yo brother. THEN I had to leave my job because I had to move seven hours away(my mothers cabin that she left me).

Anyway. Its been tough. REALLY tough. I've run through my savings for therapy for my brother because he found my mothers body(she died of a heart attack. She was neglectful of her medications), things for the home and bills. So it was awful and they shut of the heat. We have been in a home with no heat for three days and it's so freaking cold that we all had to bunk up in my room and use a blow dryer for heat. We don't have a working stove anymore(it broke about two weeks ago)and I can't afford to fix it until I start my new job in two months. I've been making cold meals since then.

I called my XH and begged him to take the kids and he said no. I called back today and said he won't have to pay back CS if he just takes them until I'm settled in and he said no again. So I call back ten minutes ago and my number is blocked.

I just needed to vent. I don't need or want donations. Just needed to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I'm sorry, I understand and it's not fun.....

SouthTxPrincess
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
oh my mama that is not safe go to a church and explain the situation see if they can help you!
Bodi_mom
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Call 211 or whatever it is in your area, there might be a program that will pay for your electric until you get on your feet, or maybe a church, GL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry but be very weary of him knowing what all is going on and letting the kids go with him temporary. I havae heard horror stories of people in these type situations and the other parent ends up getting custody. Are there any programs or churches in your area that could help you get your heat back on? Hope things are looking up for you soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I went to the church and they were only able to donate blankets until next month and I'm thankful for that

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

oh my mama that is not safe go to a church and explain the situation see if they can help you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

It sucks. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM

They were only able to donate blankets for now.

XH doesn't even want the children. I feel so terrible because the 8yo knows that his dad couldn't care less about them

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry but be very weary of him knowing what all is going on and letting the kids go with him temporary. I havae heard horror stories of people in these type situations and the other parent ends up getting custody. Are there any programs or churches in your area that could help you get your heat back on? Hope things are looking up for you soon.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

It does and it's scary and uncomfortable too.....The blankets were nice, I'm sure that helped a little :)  Do the children have snow gear?  That's what we used to stay warm when we were children, snow suits, gloves, hats, boots, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

It sucks. 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

That is sad about the father. Im in the same situation with my kids dad as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

They were only able to donate blankets for now.

XH doesn't even want the children. I feel so terrible because the 8yo knows that his dad couldn't care less about them

Quoting Anonymous:

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM
4 moms liked this

file with child support enforcement?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN