Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Crazy, stupid, diets!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Walking around the library yesterday I couldnt believe how many diet books there were.
Made me think of some that ive done over the years.

From programs, pills, books and chain letter style fads what are some that you have tried?

Me: weight watchers, scarsedale, atkins, cabbage soup, I took ephedra for a while in college.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leksismommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

There is a reason the word DIET has the word DIE in it

mo3giOH
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I've only tried WW, and I'm on it now.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I've only tried WW and it worked for me precisely because it's not a gimmicky diet. It's just about portion control and exercise.

So that's pretty much what I do now. I watch my portions, I drink lots of water, exercise and just don't worry about getting on the scale every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I tried that lemonade with cayenne pepper fast thing for exactly one day. I don't even understand how people can drink it. So, gross.
I don't do any trends anymore. Screw the paleo. I just eat well, indulge sometimes, and exercise. Turns out that works!
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I tried the South Beach diet for two weeks. It was really expensive AND I gained two pounds! :)

I really liked some of the recipes, so I kept what worked and decided to just work out more... I lost all the weight I wanted to and then some!

I can't "diet". I only lose weight by working out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I did the cocaine/ecstasy/meth diet for a bit before I had kids. Does that count? 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I did southbeach diet and it worked.
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I took alli and it was disgusting. I did south beach and lost 60 pounds and kept it off for a long time. I tried paleo for a few weeks and it was too strict, so I'm doing a modified paleo right now.... I eat regular cheese and drink regular milk. I also have Greek yogurt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I forgot to add slim fast.
No doubt eating healthy and balanced and being active is key.
I came from a family of dieters. Started in hs. im the only one in my family who isnt currently obese.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM
That counts.
I mean if ephedra and phen phen count why not

Quoting Anonymous:

I did the cocaine/ecstasy/meth diet for a bit before I had kids. Does that count? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)