Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Kind of Parents did You have?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

My mom ruled the roost, and Dad lost his backbone in the process....whatever mom said, went. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
My mom made the decisions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Mom definitely made more rules. She loved us but was a bit more stand offish. Dad was the more affectionate, fun one.

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
They both fight for control...but they love each other. Lol
angie_de_3
by Angela on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Dad passed away when I was 5 but from what I remember he was just one cool guy. Converses in every color, poet ect. Mom was awesome, my best friend more of a friend than anything which was perfect for us. She passed 10 years ago
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom was the tough one, no nonsense. My dad was the one that you secretly brought the bad tests for him to sign at 6:30 a.m. while he was ironing his shirts with promises to do better haha 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:52 PM

same here...when the teacher called home, dad was who she spoke to...mom would have went thru the roof

Quoting JulyBabies:

My mom was the tough one, no nonsense. My dad was the one that you secretly brought the bad tests for him to sign at 6:30 a.m. while he was ironing his shirts with promises to do better haha 

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM
My dad and I butted heads a lot because we're both stubborn, we get along better when we live in our own homes lol.

My mom was always a friend that we couldtrust, but she doesn't put up with crap either.

My dad's more of a social person and loved taking us on vacations.My mom is more of a homebody. He's the cooker, she's likes tools. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My parents were a team.  Mom made a lot of the day-to-day decisions....but that was part of their deal - dad worked hard to provide for our family, mom was a SAHM who kept the house running smoothly.

socalxbombshell
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
My dad was a truck driver and only home on weekends, my mom was a SAHM and ran the house.
Jessy76
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

My mom was single most of my childhood and she took no crap from anyone. She was strict with the rules but liberal with the hugs. We always knew she loved us. When she married the man I consider my dad she eased up a little. I think that is because by that time I was the only one of the kids left in the house and she knew he wasn't afraid to step up and parent if he needed to. I am sure it was nice for her to have a partner in parenting especially because I was a WILD child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)