Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wont take home the company cat! Its part of her job! *EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 542 Replies

I work at a hair salon. It's always been just 3 of us, but recently we've gotten more clients so the manager hired a 4th cosmetologist. We have a cat, named Sparkles. Shes our company cat. We do her hair, make up, nails, etc...Shes our baby! Each week, one of us takes her home after work and we switch off on paydays. She comes to work everyday tho. Shes has her own kitty apron and everything. We may take it a little far sometimes, but we love her! Lol

Now that we have a 4th employee, We were telling her that on the last week of every month (Starting in November) She would have to take the cat home, and that food is supplied. The cat has to be an inside cat (Declawed) and brought to work everyday. She said shes not taking the cat home, she has to take her 4 kids to work and dealing with a cat ontop of her kids craziness just isn't do-able. Then goes on to say that her 4 kids would get too attached and would cry when the cat had to leave for a month. Its part of the job. We all do it because we want too, we love Sparkles!

Shouldn't she be made to participate and take the cat for 1 week? Everything is supplied. Its a cat, leave it be and shes happy. Its not like its a dog that has to be let outside to use the bathroom.  I haven't talked to the manager about it yet, but as far as i'm concerned if she can't do her part of the job, we need to find someone else...

No it was not mentioned as a job duty, but neither was the fact she would have to clean up her own area, or that she would be required to go purchase the items with the companies debit card however she does it anyways. Yes, its a big responsibility but its expected of everyone else, and if she wants to be part of the team i believe she should hold up her part.

If you cant tell,i don't like her.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
14 moms liked this

I wouldn't take the cat home either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM
47 moms liked this
No. How do you do a declawed cats nails?
Sondi7
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha I didn't even catch that.

Quoting Anonymous:

lilbit53009
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM
7 moms liked this

i would not take the cat home either

this sounds like the craziest job requirement i've ever heard tho lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

The cat still has paws and toes...

brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Ridiculous to expect someone to bring an animal home as part of their job!

BananaMamma01
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
33 moms liked this
If you all love the damn cat so much, why don't you guys leave this woman alone and still continue on with your previous schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Quoting Sondi7:

Haha I didn't even catch that.

Quoting Anonymous:

We had to have the cat declawed because of all the people picking her up and holding her, but shes a white cat so we just paint on paws and only the front 2 paws are declawed

LilliesValley
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

why wasn't this discussed when she was hired?

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM
19 moms liked this

lol.... no. She shouldn't have to take the cat home. Unless taking the cat home was written into her job description, there is no reason why she should do so. Her not taking the cat home doesn't place any burden on anyone else, since you are all used to three of you sharing cat custody.

Frankly, my dear, you're just sounding a bit catty. (Sorry trollcat... couldn't resist. ^>.<^ ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)