Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does this always happen?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

I'm 40 weeks and this keeps happening.. My body will start contracting regular contractions not BH ( I can feel the difference because they are very painful and this is my second child). They will become regular and last for hours. Right now I'm having an episode of them ... I have been contracting since 1:30pm and they are 4 minutes apart.

most people would go to the hospital but I know I'm not in labor.. After about 10 hours they seem to just stop. Why does this keep happening? It's like my body is in labor but them it just stops.. It's frustrating, exhausting and annoying at this point.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I did that with my first and ended up induced at 41 weeks because of low fluid. 

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM
My body did that for days before my kids came. Fingers crossed for baby to come soon. I know how miserable you are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Believe thats the beginning stage of labor...can go on for days
mab05
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM
With my last this happened to me for an entire month.
It's frustrating for sure
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It happened to me with my youngest for a week. Even after my water broke and I was having contractions every 3 minutes, nothing happened. I went to the hospital feeling like I was close and I was dilated to two. Two crappy centimeters. 

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Hang in there mama, sometimes it just happens that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I never experienced that. I had scheduled c sections with each child before my due date. :/
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
My friend was just doing that off and on for a week. She had her baby yesterday :)
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I would call the OB just to be safe, if they didn't already know what was going on.  They may want to check on baby to make sure this isn't as stressful to him/her as it is to you!

I had a similar problem when my baby was breech.  It was like my body would try, and then give up.  My OB did a stress test on the baby (mostly since my firstborn was in distress at the end of my pregnancy) and everything was fine so I was told to wait it out!  When he flipped head down I went into labor and it lasted.  But then at the last minute the little sucker popped breech again and stuck a foot out, so there was no delivering him that way!  Ugh.  I ended up with a C section, which wasn't the worst thing ever, but not what I had wanted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting annas_momma:

My friend was just doing that off and on for a week. She had her baby yesterday :)

Its been happening for 2 weeks :( .. I dont think I will ever go into labor on my own. Last night I kept feeling like I was leaking but that stopped too. Today I just feel like crap, I am so exhausted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)