Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My cat is ruining my life

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

I have a cat, DJ and he's 9 years old. He is ruining my life and I just don't know what to do. He's going to the vet tomorrow to be checked but he's already ruined my new relationship. I'm a single mom and the kids go to the ex's most weekends so that's kind of my time to have a life. A few months ago things got a little heated and I brought a guy home. I was drunk and it had been a really long time since I had sex, but anyway. The next morning DJ had taken a shit in the master bathroom sink. It was really weird and embarrassing but I didn't think all that much of it. Fast forward to now. I've been dating a guy for two months. I like him so much. Last weekend I invited him to my apartment for dinner for the first time. He stayed the night, it was amazing and in the morning I got up before him and made breakfast.

I set the table and put our plates down and went to get him. We walked in to the dining room together and DJ is sitting on his fucking plate IN HIS EGGS TAKING A SHIT. 

I yelled at the cat and threw my slipper at him but there was a mess, it fucking stunk. It was awful and my date left. I offered to take us out for breakfast but he said he didn't ever want to see a plate of eggs again.

So tonight I get home from work and I'm checking my phone and he cancelled our date for this weekend.

This damn cat is dooming me to be single forever. What the hell is going on here? I'm thinking about asking my ex to take the cat, but he hates cats and I doubt he will.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM

BUMP

cc1016
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Jealousy.  Period.  They get jealous of people or other animals.  Anything that takes your attention away from them.  Don't know what to suggest.  We have 5 cats.  They only do stuff to each other.  When company comes, they go under the bed.

Good luck with the cat and your dating scene!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM

bump

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh, I am so sorry but I laughed. Hard.

*snort* it is jealousy and when the guy is in your life longer and more frequently the cat will probably get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

How am I supposed to get the guy to stick around longer and more frequently when the cat is going to probably pinch a loaf in his boots next?

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

Oh, I am so sorry but I laughed. Hard.

*snort* it is jealousy and when the guy is in your life longer and more frequently the cat will probably get over it.

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Jealous kitty! I kind of feel bad for laughing but trying to imagine a cat pooping on a plate of breakfast is a funny visual.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
LOL. No words. I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
4 moms liked this

he is not the man for you....keep the cat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe your cat is actually saving your ass. Cats can tell when people are not so great and can only tell us in certain ways. If he doesn't do that with your kids or others then he is not jealous. My cat only pissed and shit on my exs clothes and he turned out to he abusive. Before that it was my moms ex husbands and he turned out to be a cheater and drug addict. Listen to the cat...
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
What a jerk.

The cat that is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)