Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Fing DARE She?!? Edit FFS! Update!

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 133 Replies
3 moms liked this

So, I get a call today from my kids' school (DSD, 1st grade, DS, PreK).
It's the Speech teacher (both of my school aged kids have issues with this- DD3 doesn't, however. She is not going to need help!). I think, cool! She was able to finally meet with DS.
She's already met with DSD and tested her. Just waiting for her to test DS.

NOPE!
She was calling because my DSD had told her teacher what she's going as for Halloween.
The Bride Of Chucky. DS is going as Chucky.
This is how the call went-
Teacher- I was just calling to inform you that DSD is telling people that she's going at be the Bride of Chucky and DS is giong to be Chucky. I thought you should know.
Me- I know. That's what they are going as.
T- Oh. Is that what they wanted to be?
M- I had to convince them, but they are excited now.
T-Oh.
Silence...
M- They haven't seen the movies, just pictures of their characters.
T- Oh. Well, that's good, at least.
Then we said good-bye.

I just don't understand.
Why is she so concerned about what my kids have seen? Or what they are being for Halloween?
1st- They have seen Insidious, which is WAY more scary than any Child's Play movie ever made. And by the time I was DSD's age, I had seen, multiple times, Halloween (all), Friday the 13th (all), Candy Man, IT, all the Child's Play movies, and so many more.
2nd- The kids are not allowed to wear their costumes to school. So, HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU OR THE SCHOOL?

What would you do? How would you handle this?

Also, just for fun, my DD3 is going as Dolly Dearest.
I like my kids to be themed in their costumes. This year, they are all going as living, homicidal dolls!

Edit- FFS, people! The first kid who picks their costume sets the theme for the others. Then the other kids can pick something in that category.
Example- the first year DH and I were together, we had his XW's DS. Her DS wanted to be a ghoul, so DSD chose a with, DS chose a vampire and DD was a devil.
I wanted to pick this year. SUE ME! I buy the fucking costumes!
So, this ONE YEAR, I wanted them to be what I wanted them to be. Oh my God! I'm the worst parent ever! Someone call CPS!
Screw you judgmental people!
I have not chosen all their costumes. Just the first costume DS and DD ever wore and this years.
Get over yourselves!

Update- I have decided  that I'm going to send in a picture of all three kids to the teacher, dressed up in their costumes.
You know how people do that, send pics for teachers they like, kinda like that.
I'm thinking of sending this one:
What do you think?

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShesALady
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
She's a nosey body. She's judging you all up and down right now lol. Probably telling her husband all about you ;)
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:09 PM
8 moms liked this
Interesting. I allow my dd to pick what she wants to be for Halloween. I would feel bad if I had to convince her that she wanted to be something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM
12 moms liked this

Well, you're right about the teacher being out of line. But I don't understand why you didn't let the kids pick their own costumes. That's the whole point of Halloween when you're a kid, not being whatever theme mommy picked out this year.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

That was uncalled for on her part. It is none of her business what costumes your children are wearing. 

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Tell the principal you think she's over stepping
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My Dd 9 And Ds 1 are dressing up as the same thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Nosey bitch! What's wrong with teachers? They're always bitching they don't have enough time in the day for everything they need to teach...but they have time to discuss all this shit that doesn't concern them. They don't get paid enough...yet they wanna take on more than their required role by acting as concerned social service investigators.
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
That is going to be f'n AWESOME!

Teacher Mcbusybody would be able to pick which ass cheek she wanted to kiss!
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM

all of the stories i read here make me terrified to ever even consider sending the kids to public school.

i think i would have been a smart mouthed bitch to her.  how is it any of her business?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this
She was concerned with what is going on at home, which actually is a part of her job. And why wouldnt you let them pick what they wanted to be and you and your dh could be chucky and his bride?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)