Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Names. :) Did you and your S/O ???

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Cat
  • 69 Replies

Fight over baby names?

With our first born it was a nine month battle. We both finally came to an agreement 20 minutes before He was born....

With this pregnancy we agreed even before it was confirmed that I was pregnant by a doctor. It took a five minute convo......

Because of that, everyone thinks that we are not going to stick to the names we have chosen.... >.<

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We didn't. He named our sons, I named our daughters. Lol

brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
We came up with the name together. We had a name before too. We didnt use it. It was mostly because of me. I had a bad tubal pregnancy
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM
not really. he did act like a little bitch about it the few weeks leading up to the csection.

we had both agreed on his first name, and I told.him from the get ho that if it was a boy, Ivan woukd be his.middle name, no matter what. he was more than ok

few weeks before, he said.no. day we had to fill the papers at the hospital, he was still bitchin about it. made him sign lol
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
No.

I had DD'S name picked out 15 years before she was conceived.

It was a non issue.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM
No.
DD, we knew years before we even.conceived her.
DS, wasn't a fight but it was hard RI settle on a name for.him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Yep, we made a deal that he could pick our first childs name and I could pick our second. Our kids have some really oddnames lol. Well, together they are odd.

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Quoting brandie1470:

We came up with the name together. We had a name before too. We didnt use it. It was mostly because of me. I had a bad tubal pregnancy

We finally settled on a name we could both live with. He wanted our son named after him, and to be a Jr. But I am a firm believer that everyone should have his/her own name. So me came up with John (after my husbands grandfather) and Thomas (after my husband and my husband's father.) 

A few years later when my Father in Law passed away, my husband's name and his fathers name became very confusing, and caused issues. I got a "you were right honey." :)

TnGsMomma
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Nope, when we heard the names of our boys we both agreed those were the names :) 

alyssa2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Right now we are arguing over this baby girls name lol. I am going to win though. I picked Norah and he picked Oakley. With our son we agreed right away what yo name him

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM
We agreed on the name together. But he didn't like the normal spelling so we change that up a bit, I'm a teacher so it's not overly spelt crazy. And we used SOs first name for DS middle name.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)