Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not allowing you 4 yo to TOT because he/she was acting out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

Tomorrow I'm not taking my DD TOTing. My reason is because she doesn't keeps acting out at daycare/pre-k. When the teachers tell her to do something, she runs away, refuses to listen or just ignores them all together. She gets so disruptive that they have had to remove her from the class all together. I tell her everyday to act the way that she is supposed to and I've also taken away toys and anything else that she likes. Last night we went to a trunk or treat so she knows what TOTing is. I told her that since she acted up today, she won't be going out tomorrow. Of course she's upset about it but I'm so tired of her acting like a wild child and preventing the other kids from being able to learn (she attends a daycare but during the morning hours, it's a pre-k). I'm sick of it. Tomorrow I'm going to go buy candy and make her give it out to other kids while they trick or treat! This behavior has gotten on my last nerve.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Halloween is not an important holiday. She will live.

nessa20mommy2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM
More power to ya mama!

I couldn't follow through with that!!

YOU GO!
It's a great way to learn a lesson!
mariesmama
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM

my 4 yr old has been a royal brat this week i'm taking her trick or treat tomorrow  she's acting out because she doesnt think i want to spend time with her .when the play with me demands are just too much after i work all day

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I threaten my 7yo with tot because of school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM
6 moms liked this

We don't punish on Holidays or occasions, it's just a rule we use.  There has to be some days where a child can just unwind and be a child regardless of their actions all of the other days.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I told my DD(4) that she has to be really good at school or she won't. She has been very, very good but tomorrow her teacher won't be there and they have a party and I can't come. I hope she acts very good I still think I will take her but I might cut it early if she acts up. I told her it was going to be an exciting day and she still needs to be good no matter what. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Quoting Kool_Aide:

True, lol

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM
have you asked her why she's acting like this maybe she finds it boring because maybe she's more advanced in the other kids or mayb bc she feels like you don't want to spend time with her I kno my was doin the same last week they think his advance and will be testin him to see but for pushment I'm not sure if I agree or disagree I mean she needs to learn not to act like that in class regardless of the reason
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:39 PM
while I disagree with you, I do not disagree with her patenting. get child will still be content hanging out candy and dressing up for Halloween...

Quoting Kool_Aide:

DropZoneMom
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I'll probably end up in the minority here, but I think that idea SUCKS.   Trick-or-treating IS a big deal (to little kids), and while it's true that it won't actually kill her to miss it, you are taking away something that you SHOULD be making into a happy memory for her.

You (and her teachers) have obviously not gotten to the root of her problem -- why she's acting out at school.   And that's YOUR fault -- not hers.   I don't think it's fair to punish her this excessively for something at which YOU are failing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)