Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you use pads or tampons?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

Hi everyone,every women are differente,I like to know what do you use for your periods?pads or tampons?I tried to use differents pads and last time I used tampons but I'm a little scared to catch a desease,what pad is the best one always,Kotex ,stayfree.......and for the tampons?thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Always
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Have you tried a menstrual cup?

They eliminate the risk of TSS but are less messy than pads.  Instead has a disposable one if you want to try it before making the investment (the menstrual cups are pricier but reusable and can last like 10-12 hours in case you want to be home to empty it).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

You can't get a disease from a tampon, or a pad....................unless you are using someone's already used one. I use and like the best "U" by Kotex. I use both pads and tampons depending on the day of my period. The first day is a liner, second day is a tampon and a pad, third day is a tampon and a pad, fourth day is a tampon, fifth day is a liner and sixth day is a liner. "U" has everything I need for my needs.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I use StayFree pads.
Arwynn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I use Always. They are thinner but last through my heavier days too.

My issue - with pads & tampons - is that I am allergic to the paper. Tampons are worse. Over the years Always has been the best as far as sensitivity and whatnot.
PeacefulLotus
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Pads only. Tampons are soooo uncomfortable. And I prefer cloth pads. If I buy them, I use generic brand pads of overnights with wings, for daytime use. 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Both.
You can catch a disease from tampons? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM

i use stay free  and  always 

NinaB131415
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I've always only used tampons. When I started my period I was a cheerleader doing tumbling and things like that & was utterly disgusted by how a pad felt while at practices and games. Obviously I had to use them right after my kids were born but just for that month. I use the U by Kotex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Always maxi pads!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured