Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you use pads or tampons?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

Hi everyone,every women are differente,I like to know what do you use for your periods?pads or tampons?I tried to use differents pads and last time I used tampons but I'm a little scared to catch a desease,what pad is the best one always,Kotex ,stayfree.......and for the tampons?thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Always
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Have you tried a menstrual cup?

They eliminate the risk of TSS but are less messy than pads.  Instead has a disposable one if you want to try it before making the investment (the menstrual cups are pricier but reusable and can last like 10-12 hours in case you want to be home to empty it).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

You can't get a disease from a tampon, or a pad....................unless you are using someone's already used one. I use and like the best "U" by Kotex. I use both pads and tampons depending on the day of my period. The first day is a liner, second day is a tampon and a pad, third day is a tampon and a pad, fourth day is a tampon, fifth day is a liner and sixth day is a liner. "U" has everything I need for my needs.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I use StayFree pads.
Arwynn
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I use Always. They are thinner but last through my heavier days too.

My issue - with pads & tampons - is that I am allergic to the paper. Tampons are worse. Over the years Always has been the best as far as sensitivity and whatnot.
PeacefulLotus
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Pads only. Tampons are soooo uncomfortable. And I prefer cloth pads. If I buy them, I use generic brand pads of overnights with wings, for daytime use. 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Both.
You can catch a disease from tampons? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM

i use stay free  and  always 

NinaB131415
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I've always only used tampons. When I started my period I was a cheerleader doing tumbling and things like that & was utterly disgusted by how a pad felt while at practices and games. Obviously I had to use them right after my kids were born but just for that month. I use the U by Kotex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Always maxi pads!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)