Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH punched me in the face, twice

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 62 Replies
That's how I woke up this morning. He sleep talks, like he'll sit up and start a conversation with u about whatever he's dreaming about like ur in his dream. He dreamed my son's biological father was at our house trying to take DS, and so he hit him, except he hit me. I woke up to a blinding gold that covered my whole vision and a terrible pain and screamed ow and his name as he hit me again and immediately he wrapped me in his arms and was saying are u ok, are u ok. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. The side of my jaw is still a little swollen. I cried for at least 10 minutes. I've been hit by a man before, but my labor didn't even hurt that much. I'm just so glad he heard me scream and woke up. I'm a bit afraid to lay next to him tonight. I'm also afraid to go to my parents' house tomorrow, I called my mom today and told her, they all know he does stuff in his sleep, but I'm worried that my brothers and dad might not believe me. I lied to cover for my ex to my parents and they knew, but he really was asleep. I hope that never happens again and I hope my parents know him well enough to know he would never purposely hurt me. I can't believe it still hurts too
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM
5 moms liked this
:/ I would sleep separately until he saw dr. Maybe sleep study can help I dunno but he can seriously hurt you.
jaycam
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM
My dh has hit me in his sleep once. It wasn't like yours did. I took his elbow right to the forehead. He has also kicked me afew times. I've also hit or kick him in my sleep.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe its time he does a sleep study. It might help.
doostica
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I would have him see a sleep dr. I punched my DH in the throat one night in my sleep because of a dream I had.. I felt so bad!! It only happened once though.

BDolphins82
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM
My exhusband did that once. It was weird because he must have called something out in his sleep and in my half awake state I sat up and turned towards him to see what was up and as I looked at him I got a fist to the eye. He never woke up. I layed on the bed stunned for a minute and then started laughing. Through that all he never woke up and didn't believe me when I told him about it the next day.
Foleygirl24
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

My dad has this. It's an actual sleep disorder. He should talk to his doctor about it. When you are in REM (dream) sleep, your brain shuts off your ability to move. In people with this disorder, that switch is broken and therefore they act out their dreams (or they are dreaming in non-REM sleep). Either way, a sleep study may be helpful.

ETA to add this link: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-related-problems/rem-behavior-disorder-and-sleep

MomOf3AngelBabe
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM

This!

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

:/ I would sleep separately until he saw dr. Maybe sleep study can help I dunno but he can seriously hurt you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Uhhh yeah like what if he did something really bad in his sleep? Left..in a car...had a weapon, etc.
Lil_Wolf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:07 AM

This. Tell him seperate sleeping arrangements until tis happens.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

NewInChrist
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Oh, man... sleep study asap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured