Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What was the absolute WORST..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Parenting advice someone has ever given you? Mine was from a mother who I was friends with her son and knew some of their history. So I didn't have that much respect for her anyways. But she came into where I worked and right before she went to leave she said she wanted to give me some advice. She said to not live for my kids. She said that when they get older they will just forget all about me and treat me badly when they are around, so for me to live my own life while they are little.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:22 AM

BUMP!

katarina666
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM

She might not be totally wrong either. Don't lose your sense of self like some women do. Take time for yourself nurture yourself as well as you do them. Don't fall into the jogging pants and tee shirt trap. Take care of yourself. Take a break once in a while. Go see a movie ,read a book, watch a show,do crafts. It will keep you from going bonkers!

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

"Drugs don't really hurt the baby because they go into your blood not your stomach"

Yep. -_-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:30 AM
OH wow!! Glad you knew better than that.
Quoting Danapopcorn:

"Drugs don't really hurt the baby because they go into your blood not your stomach"

Yep. -_-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I have a preemie with some special medical needs. I am constantly getting unsolicited medical advice. It drives me nuts!

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM

She was actually the pregnant lady doing the drugs. Honestly, who doesn't know better than that lol?

Quoting Anonymous:

OH wow!! Glad you knew better than that.
Quoting Danapopcorn:

Yep. -_-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Mil tried to talk me into putting rice cereal in ds bottle. I refused and fed him with a spoon like you're supposed to. I also overheard mil telling dh cousin that if her son keeps pooping in his underwear to make him sit in it and that will break him from it.
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I have a 24 weeker. A friend had a 35 weeker and keeps insisting she knows best because she's "been there."

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a preemie with some special medical needs. I am constantly getting unsolicited medical advice. It drives me nuts!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I agree with you and those are good suggestions. However, she was more refering to not put in any energy into the kids at all. Basicly what she was trying to say was feed them, cloth them, give them a place to sleep and that is it. Don't go out of your way to do anything for them.
Quoting katarina666:

She might not be totally wrong either. Don't lose your sense of self like some women do. Take time for yourself nurture yourself as well as you do them. Don't fall into the jogging pants and tee shirt trap. Take care of yourself. Take a break once in a while. Go see a movie ,read a book, watch a show,do crafts. It will keep you from going bonkers!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM

My little guy is also a 24 weeker and his older sister is a 35 weeker there is NO comparison between the two at all!

Quoting sugieboogieboo:

I have a 24 weeker. A friend had a 35 weeker and keeps insisting she knows best because she's "been there."

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN