Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

and they she said "why the hell is she even involved in this?!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Said BM who terminated her parental rights and never raised SD. 

Story short: DH and I decided that other family members of ours should ask us before allowing SD to visit BMs family. A slue of issues is going on with them, WE are her parents, and should be notified at the least if a visit is going to take place when we ACTUALLY dropped her of at my MILS or SILS. 

DH will NOT speak to BM's mom- SD's grandma. Her and I have a decent relationship and last time I spoke with her I explained that I would be happy to take SD for visits with her (drop off and pick up) just so there's not as much confusion of SDs wherabouts. She understood.

I have been a CSM for 3 years, BM terminated rights over 7 years ago, and my DH works 60+ hours a week.

Is it really necessary for BM to say "who the hell do I think I am to be invloved in this?" 

Tell me if I'm wrong. I just see it as- I'm the wife to DH, full time caregiver to SD, and my job is to make sure I take care of mine.

Now I am always cautious not to over step as a SM. But I think in this scenerio it is different. Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
She terminated her rights. Once you terminate your rights that's it.
You have every right to be involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bmomof2grs
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Yeah I agree with you.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:39 AM
shes just angry at herself
babie113
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
you are her mom thatsvwhy you have the right to be involved
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I fully agree with you. Once you terminate rights, you also terminate your ability to have a say in anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:42 AM
The real question is, "Who the hell does she think she is to be involved?!"

She signed over her rights, it's not her business anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I think since in the past DH always his the mom or sister decide when SD would visit them BM is appalled that the dynamics have changed. 

Quoting babie113:

shes just angry at herself

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:48 AM
My husband's feelings about my oldest completely. His bf is an idiot and when he went to have him legitimized dropped it and they told him he wouldn't ever have the right to pursue rights again. That dumb fuck sent me a fb msg off of a new profile saying he was taking me to court and taking DS from me.
Anyone who gives up their parental rights are dumb as fuck.
DH had a dream that DS's bf came to our house to take DS. I awoke to being punched in the head. I have a post about that, but my point is I understand from this how u feel about her. U are her mother now, not that sorry bitch.
My husband sympathizes with u.
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:50 AM
This is what my husband said, in front of everyone that had anything to do with my son's custody. U let that shit be known.

Quoting babie113:

you are her mom thatsvwhy you have the right to be involved
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Since I don't know what it takes to have your parental rights terminated I have always gave her the benefit of the doubt, if that makes sense. From what I hear it takes quite a lot for the court to want to strip a BM from her parental rights. 

Her right were taken in court while she was facing her last prison sentence. She gives a sob story that she did it so her kids wouldn't end up in foster care- they could just stay where they were living- not with her. A lot of my family seems to have sympathy for her. What do you think? 

Quoting Nynnie:

My husband's feelings about my oldest completely. His bf is an idiot and when he went to have him legitimized dropped it and they told him he wouldn't ever have the right to pursue rights again. That dumb fuck sent me a fb msg off of a new profile saying he was taking me to court and taking DS from me.
Anyone who gives up their parental rights are dumb as fuck.
DH had a dream that DS's bf came to our house to take DS. I awoke to being punched in the head. I have a post about that, but my point is I understand from this how u feel about her. U are her mother now, not that sorry bitch.
My husband sympathizes with u.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)