Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what i dont understand about cosleeping

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
Maybe im weird, but i absolutely do not see how sleeping with my baby would help me get more sleep. Ive seen people on here say that they dont even wake up when their baby nurses, how is that possible?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:53 AM
No idea I was un as to nurse my kids so I had to fully wake up every feeding. Although plenty of times I would fall asleep in bed holding them after feeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm I got more sleep because my youngest had servere GERD and would start choking/gagging on stomach acid if he wasn't laying on his side and cosleeping was the easiest way for me to achieve that position. Before I figured that out I was napping in intervals between his flare ups.

I always woke up to nurse him though and stayed awake while he nursed.
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
5 moms liked this
I rouse but don't fully wake up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilith.23
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I do wake up, but i also do sleep better.
I'm lazy, I'd hate always waking up and walking to my sons room a billion times at night so i co sleep and i love it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Well he sleeps in the same room as me, but not in my bed. Is that still cosleeping? He is in a crib at the foot of my bed

Quoting Lilith.23:

I do wake up, but i also do sleep better.

I'm lazy, I'd hate always waking up and walking to my sons room a billion times at night so i co sleep and i love it.

orliesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I dont nurse so I cant answer that but I generally dont like co sleeping. I was raised that the bedroom was a private place and generally I dont like my children in my room. My hubby is oposite and his family is always just barging in when they are here which I hate. I keep my door closed most of the time because of it. I just think its private lol. All my kids have learned to sleep in their own beds.

Maxi_Maxi
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM
My son just slept better laying next to me. He's 9 and still sneaks in my room sometimes because he just likes to sleep with someone in the room. And when he for older it was definitely easier to nurse because I didn't have to be fully awake or get out of bed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I didn't co sleep. And I nursed. She was sleeping through the night by 5 months.
She was in a bassinet in our room for the first few months though. But I like my space. So I knew I would not be cosleeping. That and I didn't want her in my bed for the next few years. F that. Like I said. I like my space.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Technically team cosleeping is sharing the same sleep environment as someone else.

I think op means bed sharing which is a more specific form of cosleeping.

Quoting Anonymous:Well he sleeps in the same room as me, but not in my bed. Is that still cosleeping? He is in a crib at the foot of my bed

Quoting Lilith.23:I do wake up, but i also do sleep better.
snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM
4 moms liked this

Ok have you ever woken for just a second then gone right back to sleep? With co-sleeping its like your SO arm getting in your way at night you kind of wake up enough just to move it out of the way but you don't fuly wake up. when I co sleep and my baby kind of fussy I wake just enough to lift my bra up and  stick the boob in the mouth to fall back asleep, then another fuss and I hug and roll over so the other boob is accessable, and pat the butt to see if he needs a change and if not go back to sleep and I am then usually slightly aware when he would on his own go for his second nursing at night. so in all I never had to become fully awake, where as if they are in another bed you have to get up which requires me to wake up more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured