Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you already have Thanksgiving and Christmas palanned?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM
  • 32 Replies
I always take my baby around my mom's for Halloween.
We always eat Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, my dad grills the best turkey and makes the best home made gravy ever!
We're going to Disney world this Christmas, and i'm sure something with my mom and dad on Christmas.

My MIL, on the other hand, has not reached out to us about the upcoming holidays, if she's made plans, she just hasn't invited DH and me...

Do you make your plans for the holidays months in advance? Or have a routine each year so no planning is necessary? Am I just ocd? Lol.
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM

We're having a party here for Halloween. We're going to our BFFs for Thanksgiving and staying home for Christmas. DH and I have no family we are close with.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:47 AM

We have already made our plans. I'm sooooo excited. We are going to NY for Thanksgiving to visit with my FIL's family. Then for Christmas we are staying here in CO and inviting some "stray cats" to our house. Basically, good friends that can't get home for Christmas have been invited to join us. :) 

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Mine and dh's families will all be here tonight for  Halloween.  We will be spending Thanksgiving at my parents house this year. We alternate years with our familes. We were at my inlaws next year. Not sure what we are doing for Christmas yet.

emmypaige
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I miss being close to disney! Not sure yet... Most likely just the 5 of us for both unless dh coworkers stop by. We don't live close to our families.
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I think we are 8 or 9 hours away? I love Florida! My parents live here, a minute down the street, and DH's mom lives about 6 hours away. I can't imagine not living close to them :/

Quoting emmypaige:

I miss being close to disney! Not sure yet... Most likely just the 5 of us for both unless dh coworkers stop by. We don't live close to our families.
missygamble83
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:56 AM
We have a plan its pretty much the same every year. Me and my sisters take kids out trick or treating, thanksgiving is at my house, we do christmas eve at my sisters with my side if family and Christmas day with hubbys side.
emmypaige
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:57 AM
That's not a bad trip just long enough to get you tired of traveling, and excited to enjoy vacation. Lol We moved from FL to wa so that took I think 8 days? We stopped quite a bit, second time doing that - hopefully the last. Are you going to the Christmas party?

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

I think we are 8 or 9 hours away? I love Florida! My parents live here, a minute down the street, and DH's mom lives about 6 hours away. I can't imagine not living close to them :/

Quoting emmypaige:

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Mickey's Christmas? I read reviews about it and decided that we can spend our money on souvenirs instead of that, lol.
Have you ever gone to it?

Quoting emmypaige:

That's not a bad trip just long enough to get you tired of traveling, and excited to enjoy vacation. Lol We moved from FL to wa so that took I think 8 days? We stopped quite a bit, second time doing that - hopefully the last. Are you going to the Christmas party?

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Quoting emmypaige:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM

We have where we are going planned since april i think.   We are going over to my guy's ex's for the holidays. Stepson has his son for the holidays this year so we take dd over and they can play.  We all get along and i learn more on how to make certain dishes or i contribute what i know how to make.  

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Yup have everything planned! i am so excited!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured