Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you allowed to make homemade treats for your childs class??

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:48 AM
  • 35 Replies
i was reading DDs handbook for school, (just randomly cuz i was bored) and i found out she isnt allowed to take homemade treats to her class (like for bdays or a holiday party) that they have to be store bought and cnt come out the bakery, they have to be off a shelf (mass produced) i found this kinda odd as when i was a kid my mom made all kinds of treats for my class. she just made sure not to use peanuts and stuff. is this the norm now or just kinda specific to DDs school??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:50 AM
2 moms liked this
No, thank god. I don't trust other peoples cleanliness
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM
No =( and it has to be something on the healthy food list, plus nut free
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:56 AM
her school doesnt have a "healthy food" list, though they ask you to only send stuff like a candy bar, cookies, cupcake etc in their lunch once a week. course if you send it more than that they wont take it away either. as far as class parties etc, no nuts and a clear ingrediant list is whats required.

Quoting Supervane:

No =( and it has to be something on the healthy food list, plus nut free
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmypaige
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I'm not sure tbh. This is our first year at this school, previously no.
lustfull
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM

idk whatas up with schools now.
my 5th grade class(205-2006)
had a cultural party where we drew conterys and had to make a food for class and bring it in..i made german spetals.....not store bought

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:00 AM

We can only bring store bought goodies into the school's here. The reason, to many food allergies.  Everything we bring in has to be labled with the ingredients on it. Unfortunately, my kids are in "allergy senstative" classrooms this year, so we can't bring in any chocolate, anything containing nuts, or anything with red food dye in it. I am supplying bottled water for dd's class for her party, and I a fresh fruit tray for ds's class.  I signed up to bring these items in at open house. The room parents planned what to serve, and the parents chose what items to bring in from the list.  I am not to upset. My kids will get more than enough candy when they go trick or treating.

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:02 AM
we did that in middle school,

Quoting lustfull:

idk whatas up with schools now.
my 5th grade class(205-2006)
had a cultural party where we drew conterys and had to make a food for class and bring it in..i made german spetals.....not store bought

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:05 AM
My Dds school does. Actually, I made cake pops for her class last week. :)
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Yep. I am making 'dirt cups' for both my sons kindergarten class and my sons 1st grade classes tomorrow.
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:06 AM
im not upset, it was just kinda surprising to me. i wouldnt use nuts in anything but i would think that would be common sense. i was just surprised i guess is all. what im most surprised bout is even if it hs a clear ingrediant list we cant bring anything out of the bakery. i hate the thought of just sending generic chocolate chip cookies.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

We can only bring store bought goodies into the school's here. The reason, to many food allergies.  Everything we bring in has to be labled with the ingredients on it. Unfortunately, my kids are in "allergy senstative" classrooms this year, so we can't bring in any chocolate, anything containing nuts, or anything with red food dye in it. I am supplying bottled water for dd's class for her party, and I a fresh fruit tray for ds's class.  I signed up to bring these items in at open house. The room parents planned what to serve, and the parents chose what items to bring in from the list.  I am not to upset. My kids will get more than enough candy when they go trick or treating.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN