Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The New "Sexual Orientation" *added info link*

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 291 Replies
1 mom liked this
The American Psychiatric Association changed their definition of pedophilia from a disorder to a sexual orientation. The only "news" I can find on it is from extremely conservative religious websites comparing it to homosexuality, but the APA does admit it and even WebMD is wording it as an orientation.
What do you mamas think about this? Do you think this change in the official terminology will put kids in danger? Is this a sign that pedophilia is being normalized? Do you have other concerns about it?
Edit: Reading this helped me to understand their motivation for the change. I don't know how to make it clicky. The third paragraph regarding paraphilias has useful information. http://www.psychiatry.org/practice/dsm/practice-relevant-changes-to-the-dsm-iv-tr
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:23 AM
8 moms liked this
Its concerning. Its not an orientation. Its a choice, its a sick choice these people make.
julainepw
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:23 AM
12 moms liked this
Not enough coffee to discuss this f**kery.
piratehooker
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM
15 moms liked this

I think it's disgusting.  If anyone hurts any of my kids I will kill them.  Gives me the rage to think about it.  It's not a fucking orientation, it's a very disturbed mental illness or just plain evilness.  

2Sparrows4ever
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM
You can say that again

Quoting julainepw:

TheSilence
by Tรก mรฉ an mรณ on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:25 AM
10 moms liked this
Well that is shitty. Now those sick fuckers have a loop hole to argue in court. 'It wasn't my fault, that's how I was born.'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I see a growing acceptance of the practice it's disgusting. But as with every thing else we have too "respect" their rights and permit groups like NAMBLA to exist who's sole purpose is to make it more andmore acceptable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:26 AM
15 moms liked this
I already believe it and beastiality are sexual orientations.
I don't see how this will endanger children anymore than now though. It's still illegal and should remain that way. Children and animals are not capable of making adult decisions on sexual partners, children shouldn't be exposed to anything sexual period. They are victims of and when involved.
I don't feel like this changes anything.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:26 AM
13 moms liked this
It's not an orientation. Sex is something that happens between consenting adults. Animals and children can't consent. Should we consider necrophilia and acceptable orientation too?
Sexual orientation involves sex or asexuality. If someone cant consent it's not sex, its abuse.
leota29
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Disgusting. Not an orientation at all!!! Its a disgusting choice!!!!
Gothicgypsy3
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:26 AM
3 moms liked this

Same here but I will say that I do not agree that it is an orientation. Its just a sick disorder.

Quoting julainepw:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN