Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I feel GUILTY? Bc I do..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My son had a Halloween parade today

Last year at their old school, I volunteered all the time. I was part of the PTO, and helped with all types Of functions during school and outside of school. It was a small school (my son had been attending for 4 years.. He is 7 now) and it was a tight knit "community", like family - only 175 kids TOTAL, compared to the 800 at their new school

The ex and I agreed (stupidly of me) to send them to a new school, which is 35 min away from me this year

I don't have anything to do with the school on a personal level.

It's too far, too big, and the people there are just plain rude (I've tried at the beginning of the year to get acquainted with the new teachers and principle, but I'm one parent out of probably a 1,000 parents.)

Well, my 6 yr old tell me that parents are allowed to be there today, but I didn't go. I wanted to be there with him, but first of all, he didn't tell me till this morning ON the way to school, and I didn't bother to put on any makeup, I didn't really fix my hair (lol) and didn't bother to put on a bra.. (I just drop them off out front in the circular drive and they walk to their class bunch and teachers)

I feel SO guilty for not going. I really do. I can't shake that terrible feeling I have. I did EVERYTHING with both of my boys last year. Yes, I was THAT mom, but this year, I suck. /:

My DH says I shouldn't feel guilty since we live so far anyhow, and that he wouldn't remember today.

But I will..

Am I being overly sensitive here /:
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
My ds was forced to switch scho this past Monday. I feel guilty because I am very involved with my ds education but the knew school isn't walking distance anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
And I feel guilty bc they miss their friends and teachers sooo much. They tell me almost everyday we drive pass there /:

Now I feel even more terrible that I'm not with my 6 yr old today. Ughhhh

Quoting Anonymous:

My ds was forced to switch scho this past Monday. I feel guilty because I am very involved with my ds education but the knew school isn't walking distance anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM

well you cant change this year so don't beat yourself up over it. Try to plan something out so that next year (or even for their christmas party or whatever their next one is) you'll be able to be more involved , join the pta or whatever or just get to know your kids' teachers and let them know you would like to participate however possible.

i feel slightly bad that i don't do anything in my son's classrooms. I just either have my daughter and nobody to watch her or i have to work. i do go to their parade whenever possible because that is just out on the street and i can bring my daughter. But i don't sign up to help at parties cause i don't know my availability. Sometimes you just can't and that doesn't make you a bad parent. as long as you are involved at home that's really all they need

Kristanna
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I feel guilty a lot because I have chronic pain, and it tends to put me out of commission at the worst times. Like your DH said though, it hurts us worse than the kids :/ 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Don't feel guilty.

I feel you. We moved and started a new school this year. I was pta Secretary and volunteered at everything. This year I took on room mom and have tried to volunteer. This school is full of rude women too. I do nothing right and am told how incompetent of a room mom I am. These two women really wanted to be room mom and I was chosen instead. I wish I didn't have to go to the party today! I planned a fun one but of course it will be wrong.
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Personally I wouldn't have set them to a school 35 mins away because I know I wouldn't be able to do much there. I we move out of my district we will be paying for then to still attend the school. We wouldn't move that far but the city district sucks and my kids will never I back to there again if I could help it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM

yeah. well... maybe you should take five extra minutes a day to get yourself ready so you can be prepared for these eventualities. SMH.

"oh no one instantly welcomed me into thier clique so Im going to be the sloppy uninvolved mom" Well let me tell you, no one is certainly going to invite the mom whos still in pjs and messy hair and doesnt even come to her kids things. So unless you want to be "that mom" all year, woman up and get yourself out there. The only one you are hurting by withdrawing yourself because less than two months into the school year you decided that no one liked you.... is your kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM
We were new here last year. I just stepped in and got involved in volunteering wherever possible. I made tons of new friends and this year Im on the PTA board, room mom to both kids rooms and am at the school practically daily. You just have to jump in head first.
heathers5500
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Stop feeling guilty, call the school find out what time the parties are and go.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Wow. You're one sweet peach.

Damn.

Sloppy? I hardly EVER just leave the house looking sloppy, however this morning we left the house at 6:30 bc DH forgot to put gas in the car. I had to get both boys (which I would much rather spend time on them than myself) ready and in their costumes and out the door to get to school on time.

So.. Please excuse me for going out looking awful. And NO where did I say I wore pajamas! I had on jeans and a big shirt, but no bra.

And I know how to be the GREAT mom. No doubt about that

Screw you and your opinion ab me.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah. well... maybe you should take five extra minutes a day to get yourself ready so you can be prepared for these eventualities. SMH.

"oh no one instantly welcomed me into thier clique so Im going to be the sloppy uninvolved mom" Well let me tell you, no one is certainly going to invite the mom whos still in pjs and messy hair and doesnt even come to her kids things. So unless you want to be "that mom" all year, woman up and get yourself out there. The only one you are hurting by withdrawing yourself because less than two months into the school year you decided that no one liked you.... is your kid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)