Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Taking my son trick or treating with no costume..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
He will not put anything on! I tried a bunch of different things. He put on the coat and hat to be a fireman but last night he wouldn't put on anything! Will it look weird it he doesn't have any costume on? He may put on the boots and hat. He's a weird child, he never likes to try anything new! Even trying on shoes or clothes is a process with him! He's 2 1/2.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imakehimscream
by He screams on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Ask him if he wants to dress as daddy. Or he could just go in his regular clothes. No big deal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes it's Halloween kids must have a costume I wouldn't answer the door of kids don't come in costume
mab05
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
3 moms liked this
He's old enough to understand if you tell him he wears the costume or he doesn't go.
My youngest is neurotic and I can't get her to dress up but she understands that Halloween is for dressing up for fun. If you don't dress up you don't go and have fun.
She's dressing up. She'll be 3 in December
leota29
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't think anything of it. Kids that age don't always want costumes on. My ds will be 3 in a month and a half and won't take his off lol!! He wanted to even try on his sisters!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
If I saw him at my door without I costume I wouldn't answer. Or if it was my child they wouldn't be going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Well his dad isn't in the picture lol so that's not an option. You wouldnt think anything of it if he came to your door in normal clothes?

Quoting imakehimscream:

Ask him if he wants to dress as daddy. Or he could just go in his regular clothes. No big deal

boys2men2soon
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM

He should have a costume.... or part of one, at least.   How about those costume pajamas? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Aw I wish mine would be like that lol

Quoting leota29:

I wouldn't think anything of it. Kids that age don't always want costumes on. My ds will be 3 in a month and a half and won't take his off lol!! He wanted to even try on his sisters!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Well this will be his first time out and I want him to have fun!

Quoting mab05:

He's old enough to understand if you tell him he wears the costume or he doesn't go.

My youngest is neurotic and I can't get her to dress up but she understands that Halloween is for dressing up for fun. If you don't dress up you don't go and have fun.

She's dressing up. She'll be 3 in December

abecee
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM

It's really no big deal.  Not every person who tricks or treats is in costume.  Hope he has fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN