Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cutting Family Members OUT OF YOUR LIFE?? **edited**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 455 Replies

Seriously?

What could be making so many of you do such a thing?

That being said.. I understand if your family member is dangerous to you.. and by dangerous I mean litterally would hurt/rape/molest/kill... someone.. That is a given.. 

But I AM pretty sure that's not the situation for most of you..

What made you do it?

##Edited portion##I had no idea how many of you have suffered so much!

Honestly I just want to extend a huge hug to all of you who were saddled with families who have abused you in such horrible ways.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

She is a verbally abusive drug addict who will take advantage of anyone trying to help her or be nice to her. She was terrible to me for years before I finally gave up. 

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My biological father is a piece of shit. My older sister and I don't speak with him, my younger sister did for a bit and even loaned him money once. He just had his pos sister-in-law and brother call my sister to ask her to send him  money because he is in prison, again. Apparently, he was pulled over and "didn't know" his girlfriend had a bunch of methin her purse.

pregnant

TheSilence
by Remember Me on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM
8 moms liked this
My mother was horrible to me growing up. Never physically abusive but she took delight in picking on me, pointing out my flaws, and comparing me to my sister.
When I had ds she thought she could turn her nastiness onto him and I refused to allow that to happen. I cut her off and am now happier for it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM

My mother is a drug addict.

Her behaviour is very erratic. I've cut her out of my life numerous times and she promises to change and then doesn't, of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom was mentally and physically abusive to me from 9 years old until about 22... at that point, I didn't care what she said, it couldn't hurt me anymore.... so she started saying stuff about my son, saying stuff to my son- mentally abusing him. Not under my watch, so she's out.

She had the chance to prove she wanted to maintain a relationship with us, but she turned her back on us.

When she's around, I become depressed and suicidal, panic attacks. When she's not around, I'm ok. There's a lot more.
crescentstar2
by Anne on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Verbal and emotional abuse that my children and I don't deserve
AmandaMichele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM
40 moms liked this
I don't want my children to think manipulation, passive aggressiveness or treating people like slaves are normal and acceptable behavior because it is not. I want them to know that they do not have to just accept poor behavior because someone is family. If it was a friend that treated them that way they would be kicked to the curb. Just because you share genetics with someone does not excuse that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginny410
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

My mother in law is a manipulative bitch who was abusive to my husband growing up. He never really wanted her in his life, but I pushed the issue hoping to fix things for them, but after 10 years I gave up. The rest of the family thinks we are awful, and that MIL is a God....we do not talk to them, because I cannot see how they could be okay with a mother abandoning her children several times, doing drugs, abusing them, and acting like a whore in front of them...it was just pathetic. They can all kiss my ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I have cut my sister out of my life because she wanted to control every situation in everyone's life.

ex) thanksgiving was at her house ( yrs ago) , she wouldn't let the men watch football, to the point all the men spent the day next door @ my dads watching football. she wanted me to call her up and ask her permission to go do things with my own children.

mab05
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
27 moms liked this
An emotionally toxic relationship is worth cutting them out.
emotional and psychological abuse is still abuse and no one should have to deal with that just cause they're blood related
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured