Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

YES I KEPT HIM HOME.....WAS I WRONG?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 270 Replies

So my son woke up hacking away, sore throat , major sinus headache and a bit of wheezing.  He was in the hospital a few weeks ago for rapid heart rate & has his follow app on Monday.

Anyway, yes I kept him home & my crazy neighbor lady who loves to be nosey noticed he didn't leave for the bus this morning.  So when I was out at the stop later w/my DD (2 different schools so 2 different busses & times but same stop) she said "I saw your son didn't make the bus this morning is he ok?"  I thought it odd she knows my son wasn't on the bus as she has no middle school kids but anyway I said "no he is home sick w/a cough, sore throat & a bit of wheezing."  She rolled her eyes & said "no wonder they are cracking down on days missed it is bc people keep their kids home when they shouldn't."

Yes maybe I am being a bit over protective but I know him & I know he is sick & the last place he needs to be is in a hot school filled w/germs to make him worse.  He doesn't miss a lot of school & is on the honor roll & runs track.  He hates missing school.

So anyway, now I am questioning myself & maybe I should've sent him to school.  I really hate that I allow people to make me question myself :(

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
5 moms liked this
If mine don't have a fever, they go. Especially since in the morning in the winter we are all hacking and congested. Sometimes with a sore throat and it's gone in an hour or so
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
32 moms liked this

A nosey neighbor lady doesn't trump common sense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't let her make you question yourself. I would have told her to stfu and stop being a creep.
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
9 moms liked this
She'd really be rolling her eyes at me. I let Izzy stay home yesterday for a mental health day.
Lori942
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
9 moms liked this

I think you did the right thing...esp. since he was in the hospital a few weeks ago - i'd be cautious too.  I  hate nosey neighbors!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah he had already been up & showered & drank some tea for over an hour.

He is up at 5:30am & on the bus at 7am.  So no it wasn't going away in an hour.  Also, my kids don't typically run fevers.

FYI you don't have to have a fever to be sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

If mine don't have a fever, they go. Especially since in the morning in the winter we are all hacking and congested. Sometimes with a sore throat and it's gone in an hour or so

momcat437
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't worry about her, just ignore her--you know your child better than anyone else--don't let anyone second-guess you...

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Your nosey neighbor needs to butt the hell out of your business. She knows nothing about your situation. She must be one of those "it takes a village" butinskis.  She would be on my top ten list of people not to talk to anymore..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM

We do this in the winter as long as lots of school days haven't been missed. So you get no crap from me :)

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

She'd really be rolling her eyes at me. I let Izzy stay home yesterday for a mental health day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Lol I know you don't have to have a fever to be sick. I was just saying what guidelines I personally use when deciding to keep my home... You don't have to be defensive to me. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah he had already been up & showered & drank some tea for over an hour.

He is up at 5:30am & on the bus at 7am.  So no it wasn't going away in an hour.  Also, my kids don't typically run fevers.

FYI you don't have to have a fever to be sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)