Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How far would you be willing to travel ...

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 21 Replies

... to college?

I'm currenly doing a bachelor of paramedicine at a college not 10 minutes from home. However I've applied and been shortlisted for a paid study position ($1294 a week after tax and tuition paid for) with the only emergency ambulance service in the state. Unfortunately they would require me to transfer to a college an hours drive away (an hour and a half by public transport) and do 90% of my classes on campus. There's also a guaranteed job at the end of the 4 years scholarship.

I'm of two minds whether to do it or not.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

For that situation I would take it.

Baby4us09
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I would do it!

TG3
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Really?
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

For that situation I would take it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Right now, I drive 55 miles with traffic its about an her & 45 min. I'm in law school. I'd do it. Its tough & it sucks but I know it will be worth it. You just have to make sure you can fincially afford transportation costs. For me .my patents are helping out..
TG3
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Currently I earn less than half of what they're offering me ... so we'll actually be better off financially.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right now, I drive 55 miles with traffic its about an her & 45 min. I'm in law school. I'd do it. Its tough & it sucks but I know it will be worth it. You just have to make sure you can fincially afford transportation costs. For me .my patents are helping out..

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Then I think you answered your own question

Quoting TG3:

Currently I earn less than half of what they're offering me ... so we'll actually be better off financially.

Quoting Anonymous:

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

TG3
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM
good point
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Then I think you answered your own question

Quoting TG3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Do it! I fyou get it better you at least attempted it thatn to worry about soemthing like driving distance.  A guaranteed job and being paid while you are learning?  Why let a little distance get in the way...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I'd do it in a heart beat!
petamarie
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Do it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN