Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone ever deal with Trick or Treat being postponed???

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 75 Replies

In the 38 years I have lived in this town (in Central Ohio) I have not once ever dealt with Trick or Treat being postponed. Until today. It's now almost 1pm EST day of & the city decides to postpone until Saturday 6-8 due to potential weather. 

The reason? 70 degree weather, stormy & windy (winds of 45mph are possible apparently). But on Saturday it's going to be rainy & 50 degrees. 

Lots of other communities changing the TIME (not the date) this late in the day. Others who have changed the day have done it as of yesterday. 

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterwings
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Our town cancelled Halloween because of weather. A lot of surrounding towns moved it to last night

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Nope never heard of trick or treating being canceled or postponed except on here.

I live in a big city that doesn't have rules about trick or treating. Everyone is free to go out if the want. Good or bad weather. Its not uncommon for it to be pouring down rain and in the 40's on halloween. That has never stopped people.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I've never known a town to have that kind of control. How does a town cancel something people do from their own homes?

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Oh yea, Halloween gets rescheduled 1 out of 3 times here in Nebraska.  

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Never dealt with a time change, or a change of date just have experienced a complete cancellation of Halloween in one city I lived in as a child. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:06 PM

we have never had it happen here (SE Michigan) in my 34 years, but I will be curious to see what happens today because we are part of that Ohio storm system calling for 50 mph winds.

AllieKat
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Ours is changed to Friday. It's been raining all day and will storm tonight.

VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I live in CT and both last year and the year before Halloween was postponed in some towns due to weather. Last year was because of Hurricane Sandy and the year before it was a huge snow storm. There was. Lot of debri and many places lost power, etc. other than that I have never seen Halloween postponed in my life.
Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I don't celebrate it, but in a town I lived in in VA had done it the night before if it falls on a Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I've never been in a community that scheduled TOT. We just do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)