Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no costume. no candy. no matter what?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I live in area with a lot of people from other countries. Where a lot of them have a culture that is against dressing up. But they will still send their kids out trick or treating begging for candy. I was out with ds for 45 mins saw about 12kids and out of the 12. 2 were in costumes. Or had any makeup or even ears or halloween hats on.
Ds was dressed as a monkey. And when we got home (we live in an apt thats in the back of a cres. So most likely they lived here. ) we had 8kids bang on out door. About 6-10 yrs old. Out of the 8 one of then had some sort of costume on. 2of them just stuck out your their hands. They conplined about the candyni was giving out (it was a yr old rockets... I wasnt expecting anyone.... )
Do you have any rules for the ToT
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1RedHottMama
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

No rules I give candy to everyone.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I was so happy that I was able to give it out that I even gave it to a kid that was sick and had to stay in the car. 

levansbx
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM
No way. I give candy to everyone. I'm not a meanie!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Quoting 1RedHottMama:

No rules I give candy to everyone.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Raine_Dance
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I give more candy to kids who are actually in costume or have cool costumes. So many kids around here don't dress up cuz they "can't afford it". I made my costumes when I was younger. It doesn't take much work or money to be a zombie, or a hobo, or a ghost Ffs.
photomom1979
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I give to everyone. Ours was actually postponed until tomorrow cause of storms but we still had a few, one had no costume or even a bag but we gave him some anyway.
gee18
by busy mommy2Ari on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Noone came here :/ I would give them candy but what's the point if you're not dressed up? Seems kind of boring and no fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I, actually, do agree with you. This is the purpose of the Holloween, dressing up and having fun not getting free candy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Nope. No costume, no treat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I never get groups of kids without costumes however there will sometimes be a group and 1 child in the group is not wearing a costume. I ALWAYS give everybody candy because i do not know the circumstances. So who am I to judge??? I knew an autistic boy when I was younger who would never wear a costume on Halloween. If it wasn't his regular clothes he was I comfortable and couldn't handle it. I always think of him when I come across situations like that.......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN