Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

no costume. no candy. no matter what?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I live in area with a lot of people from other countries. Where a lot of them have a culture that is against dressing up. But they will still send their kids out trick or treating begging for candy. I was out with ds for 45 mins saw about 12kids and out of the 12. 2 were in costumes. Or had any makeup or even ears or halloween hats on.
Ds was dressed as a monkey. And when we got home (we live in an apt thats in the back of a cres. So most likely they lived here. ) we had 8kids bang on out door. About 6-10 yrs old. Out of the 8 one of then had some sort of costume on. 2of them just stuck out your their hands. They conplined about the candyni was giving out (it was a yr old rockets... I wasnt expecting anyone.... )
Do you have any rules for the ToT
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

No rules I give candy to everyone.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I was so happy that I was able to give it out that I even gave it to a kid that was sick and had to stay in the car. 

levansbx
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM
No way. I give candy to everyone. I'm not a meanie!
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Quoting 1RedHottMama:

No rules I give candy to everyone.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Raine_Dance
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I give more candy to kids who are actually in costume or have cool costumes. So many kids around here don't dress up cuz they "can't afford it". I made my costumes when I was younger. It doesn't take much work or money to be a zombie, or a hobo, or a ghost Ffs.
photomom1979
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM
I give to everyone. Ours was actually postponed until tomorrow cause of storms but we still had a few, one had no costume or even a bag but we gave him some anyway.
gee18
by busy mommy2Ari on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Noone came here :/ I would give them candy but what's the point if you're not dressed up? Seems kind of boring and no fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I, actually, do agree with you. This is the purpose of the Holloween, dressing up and having fun not getting free candy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Nope. No costume, no treat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I never get groups of kids without costumes however there will sometimes be a group and 1 child in the group is not wearing a costume. I ALWAYS give everybody candy because i do not know the circumstances. So who am I to judge??? I knew an autistic boy when I was younger who would never wear a costume on Halloween. If it wasn't his regular clothes he was I comfortable and couldn't handle it. I always think of him when I come across situations like that.......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)