Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Heeelllppp Meeee!!!

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 20 Replies

Seriously. Now that I have to sit around for a few more months for the last book of the Mortal Instruments, and another full year or so for the Dark Artifacts, I need more books to read! (Just finished the infernal devices).

I've read a LOT of books. For a point of reference, some of my favourite authors:

David Eddings, Fiona McIntosh, Kate Forsyth, Tamora Peirce, Cassandra Clare etc.

You get the gist.

I don't mind something a bit raunchy as long it is along the fantasy / medieval fantasy line of writing.

So can anyone help me? When I was in highschool it took me exactly 2yrs to finish every book in the library that was non fictional, I've had a pretty good headstart on the town library as well.

I don't mind manga either, although I'd much rather read a good novel at the moment.

Cheers.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautifulFey
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM

BUMP!

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Have you read The Wheel of Time?
BeautifulFey
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:23 PM

The whole goddamned series. We had it at school :)

Quoting ebbierowe:

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:25 PM
All 14 of them? The last book just came out in January.

Have you read game of thrones?

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

BeautifulFey
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I read the last book a couple of months ago, someone had kindly donated it to the op shop here, so I jumped on it.

I tried to read the Game of Thrones series, but strange (and I mean STRANGE) for me, I could not get into it, not at all. Was so disappointed lol.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I had to power through the first game of thrones, I had a hard time caring about the characters but after that it was good ...

Quoting BeautifulFey:

I read the last book a couple of months ago, someone had kindly donated it to the op shop here, so I jumped on it.

I tried to read the Game of Thrones series, but strange (and I mean STRANGE) for me, I could not get into it, not at all. Was so disappointed lol.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

BeautifulFey
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Yeah it was weird not to be able to get into it, but after having watched the tv show here and there, I don't think I could have been a fair judge to the tv show if I managed to read the books anyway.

I remember when I read the Northen Lights (now known as the Golden Compass ugh), I read the trilogy, and my dad took me to watch the movie when it came out. I sat in the theatre throwing popcorn at the screen, I was so pissed with how childlike they made the movie.

Quoting ebbierowe:

I had to power through the first game of thrones, I had a hard time caring about the characters but after that it was good ...

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Yeah I am a bit judgey when I watch the series....

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Yeah it was weird not to be able to get into it, but after having watched the tv show here and there, I don't think I could have been a fair judge to the tv show if I managed to read the books anyway.

I remember when I read the Northen Lights (now known as the Golden Compass ugh), I read the trilogy, and my dad took me to watch the movie when it came out. I sat in the theatre throwing popcorn at the screen, I was so pissed with how childlike they made the movie.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting BeautifulFey:

Quoting ebbierowe:

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Not sure if it would fit your general reading theme but the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is AMAZING.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I'm a big fantasy nerd (I've read most of those authors as well).

Robin Hobb is hands down my favorite fantasty author. Start with The Farseer Trilogy, the first one is Assassin's Apprentice. I'm about to start them all again for the third time, I think:)

Also good is the Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A Salvatore, and anything by Anne McCaffrey.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN