Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STOP driving your kids house to house to trick or treat! lazy parents! (actually read it before you post!)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 199 Replies
9 moms liked this
Why do parents drive their kids house to house to trick or treat instead of walking when the weather allows it? I mean in a very low traffic community where the houses are at most 20 feet a part. All you are doing is causing the community to be even less safe for the other trick or treaters, it is aggravating to see lazy parents who do this. Parents of very young children, disabled children or disabled parents are NOT included in this. EDIT: I see some did not read the whole post before opening their pie hole. As I said: if weather permits it, when the houses are only at most 20 feet apart, if you or your child (or children) are not disabled and if you do not have very young children(even though I seen many use strollers for their younger kids). Where we went tonight there were no sidewalks and tons of parking still available yet parents where still doing this. It is very dangerous and unnecessary that is the point. READ people
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

lol

couture-mommy
by She.Me.Her on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM
4 moms liked this
People complain about everything
Krysta622
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Omg I just saw that for the first time tonight! I'll admit I'm super lazy, but we walked anyway.
elevator_chaos
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My kids were right behind two little kids the whole night. The mom was chain smoking in her car and inching along down the street while the kids trick-or-treated... I wouldn't give her mother of the year.

Then again, I would rather see that than see little kids running around with no adult supervision.

mom2boys664
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I saw this tonight too and I couldn't believe it!! It was 70 degrees out tonight, WTH?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I'd rather see this than the 8yo's I saw wandering around in the streets unattended. Although- my kids had a child the house behind them that was being driven around - he told them it was to get heaps more houses and candy - he was going through at least FOUR suburbs that night.

Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I reeeally considered it tonight! Up hill with a stroller was not pleasant. I decided it was more of a pita to get the kids in and out of the car though. I have never wanted to do it before because all of the cars driving 2 miles an hour get in the way.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! It was absolutely ridiculous tonight, we almost couldn't walk to ToT because so many cars were creeping by and stopping everywhere. I think it's horribly lazy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM

well i drove my child. our houses are far apart. it was cold, my baby and son fell asleep but daughter wanted to keep going. get over it.

emsmom21
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! We live in mn so it gets cold here but we just bundle up and truck it around the neighborhood! There are so many people that drive around now a days. Most of the fun is running from house to house!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN